Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hydrauloc clutch
mcramsay

posted on 27/9/14 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hydrauloc clutch

Hey guys, I have got the the point in my marlin build that I am setting up the clutch system, I have installed the 0.625 clutch master cylinder and bled the system through, however the clutch bite point is really close to the floor, what would cause this? The engine is from an m3 which uses a 3/4 master cylinder, could this be causing the problem? The system is well bled so I'm pretty sure that is not the problem
hicost

posted on 27/9/14 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch

Can depend on the clutch pedal box etc.

The pivot point is massively important just adding 5mm or 10mm to the angle makes ALL the difference.

I have been there!

James

"I cant do that without accidentally grabbing hold of the work of the divine potter"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 27/9/14 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like you may need a larger master in this case as the simple solution.
But worth checking that the master piston is getting full travel, if not adjusting the pivot length will be a viable alternative.

mcramsay

posted on 27/9/14 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
It feels like the clutch is just releasing just as the stroke on the mc bottoms out, like I need more stroke on the mc, which I guess would be achieved by going up to a 3/4 mc

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.