Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zetec turbo running! but poorly, omex!
D4ENX

posted on 12/12/15 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
zetec turbo running! but poorly, omex!

Ok guys and gals, got my zetec turbo running on omex but not very well, any ideas what it could be?.its just a base map but dies as soon as i press the throttle, see this link for a video. Thanks

Dean.

http://s231.photobucket.com/user/pug306de4n0/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151212_113022_zpseqgbimn0.mp4.html

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 12/12/15 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe worth checking fuel pressure
jambojeef

posted on 12/12/15 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
I would check all your basic stuff first:

Crank angle sensor - good signal, good earth, set up correctly in software
Coils - wired up correctly, firing in the right sequence (sounds like they are from the vid)
Fuel pump - running and priming properly
TPS - calibrated? Signal clean and in the right range?

Map - is there definitely information in the map beyond startup?

Geoff

D4ENX

posted on 12/12/15 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Crank is reading a correct 150rpm when cranking so I assume that's ok, the fuel pump is running correctly, spark is in the right order (it wasn't before this videos as I mixed them up but now fixed) as for map its reading 100.19kph just connected to the car not running, is that normal? What would be a normal reading when idling? The car just won't start at all now,

D4ENX

posted on 12/12/15 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
And throttle position sensor is working and setup fine, thanks.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 12/12/15 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Does it run on tick over ?
D4ENX

posted on 12/12/15 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Not very well but now wont start atall, the coolant temp sensor went to 100 degrees after it was runing for a few secounds but theres no chance it was even half that, it seems to be over fueling also :/

perksy

posted on 12/12/15 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
That might be a clue

If the coolant temp sensor is not reading correctly the fueling will be all over the place and it will never run rigth or even start in the first place

jeffw

posted on 12/12/15 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Are you using a Omex coolant temp sensor or something else? If it is something else it will require to be calibrated.

froggy

posted on 12/12/15 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Have you set the base timing with a strobe light so what's in the screen is what's actually happening ?

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Dusty

posted on 13/12/15 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
MAP reading of 100.19 is about right. 1 bar with ignition on. What MAP sensor are you using? Presumably 2bar or higher. Is it correctly calibrated? Have you talked to Omex to make sure MAP min and max are correctly set. Have you made sure that you have set MAP FOR LOAD to ON and the ECU is not just trying to read load from TPS? (TPS only useful for idle control with a boosted engine). Incidentally what rpm and TPS settings have you entered for IDLE ON BELOW condition? (In the Basic Idle Options.)
D4ENX

posted on 15/12/15 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, one thing I have noticed that in the video there seems to be an escape of exhaust gases which obviously shouldn't happen, I wonder if this would effect lambda readings, but the car not up to temp at all the lambda sensor wouldn't be taking. Reading right? So wouldn't have an effect on first start up. Either way I think I need to sort out that exhaust leak.

Maybe that and the coolant temp sensor reading high may be a big contributor to my issues.

Also, I notice that in the timing box it says target timing 1.99 degrees, but when connected and after cranking it changes to -30.00 degrees, is this normal?

Thanks, Dean.

[Edited on 15/12/15 by D4ENX]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.