Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bosch Cordless drill problem
pmc_3

posted on 9/2/19 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Bosch Cordless drill problem

Got a strange issue, i've got a Bosch PSB1800Li drill, had it for about 2 years and all been fine. A few weeks ago I went to use it and the battery in the drill was flat, put it on the charger and it flashed a couple of times and then the light went solid to say it was fully charged. Obviously it wasn't and I was annoyed but thought maybe i'd killed it because i'd left it flat and not charged it for a couple of months. Put the other battery in and all was well.

Last weekend the other battery went flat whilst I was using the drill, put it on the charger and it flashed a few times and then went solid and didn't charge it. I was some what miffed by this point. I'd already won an auction for a secondhand battery on ebay for a tenner so I could have two working ones and was waiting for it to arrive. When the secondhand battery arrived I put it in the drill it worked and showed 1/3 charge so I put it on charge, it flashed quite happily so I left it going, still charging half an hour later. When I checked it later that day it had a solid light, put the battery in the drill and it was dead, nothing at all. Put it back on the charger, showed fully charged.

I concluded the charger must be faulty so bought a genuine new one for £15 on ebay which arrived this morning. All 3 batteries do the same on the new charger, flash a couple of times then show as fully charged.

Mulitmeter on the batteries shows 15v on one, 9v on another and about 7v on the other.

I'm out of ideas! I've since bought a Makita but would still like to fix the Bosch.

theconrodkid

posted on 9/2/19 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
are they nicads ?, i had a similar problem with them, die for no real reason and cant be revived

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

pmc_3

posted on 9/2/19 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
are they nicads ?, i had a similar problem with them, die for no real reason and cant be revived

Nope, lithium ion ones

theconrodkid

posted on 10/2/19 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
might be worth asking on here

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 10/2/19 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like your old charger damaged all the batteries

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.