Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seats
sonic

posted on 24/6/20 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Seats

Hello all
i have been out of the kitcar world for a while and i am suprised how quiet this site is compared to 3/4 years ago, where has everybody gone !

anyway i have just bought a Dax Rush Fireblade and the drivers seat it a little to narrow for my fat bum, where is the best place to get them from now ?

cheers
Mick

roadrunner

posted on 24/6/20 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome back Mick.
Like you, I have been away and come back and it is definitely quieter.
Regarding your seats. Would it not be best just to go on a diet.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Would wider seats fit. If not I would go for more of a basic flat leather type seat and use the sides of the car to hold you in while cornering.
Regards
Brad

ReMan

posted on 24/6/20 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
What seats has it got?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

ianhurley20

posted on 25/6/20 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
I put two of the rear seats from a Renault Scenic in my Haynes - worked well and cost £10 for the three, Locost! The outer two fitted mine but I do know of others who used two of the narrower center seats in narrower cars

mcerd1

posted on 25/6/20 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
The dax chassis is very narrow compared to some - but I guess it depends what king you want...

Which seats has it got at the moment ?

bare GRP seats are going to give you more room - but might not be to your taste
I think these guys made a version tweaked for the Rush dimensions: http://www.jkcomposites.com/sevens/
A couple of folk on the dax forum have them

but I've gone for these:
http://www.intatrim.co.uk/stoneleigh.html
but customised to make them a tiny bit narrower at the front - but since these are all made to order thats not an issue
(mostly trimming the GRP shell down a little)
wish I could say they are in the car, but I can't get any time with it at the moment

[Edited on 25/6/2020 by mcerd1]

-

nick205

posted on 25/6/20 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy not DAX Rush, but I used these

http://www.intatrim.co.uk/ranger.html

Fitted really well in the car, with the harnesses and comfortable for short and longer runs.

sonic

posted on 25/6/20 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all

Thank you for the replies, Roadrunner you are spot on about loosing weight and in the planning

it has got GRP seats fitted but there is an inch either side between the seat and body, i will take a pic or two tomorrow to show what i mean

interesting you mention that the Rush is narrow, my old MK felt tighter and my old MNR wider, maybe i was skinnier and or fatter then......

thanks
Mick

roadrunner

posted on 25/6/20 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Glad to here it.
mcerd1

posted on 26/6/20 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic
interesting you mention that the Rush is narrow, my old MK felt tighter and my old MNR wider, maybe i was skinnier and or fatter then......

its not the narrowest - but because the chassis tappers all the way to the back (unlike most of the others) it can make it very tight at the front of the seats
you can see it here on my one (CEC version)
compulsory floor panel pic
compulsory floor panel pic

One thing I meant to ask you is which version of the Rush chassis have you got ?

If it was built as a BEC originally it should be a 'Rush MC' chassis (significantly lighter than the CEC ones) - but these came in square tube and round tube versions - the fanciest version is the round tube with CC&AR on the front (normally De Dion rear)

-

sonic

posted on 27/6/20 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Mcerd1

it is a bike engine MC square tude with a cossy lsd rear

Update i fit better now, i took the seat out and it was sat on 2 inch spacers at the front and 1 inch at the back making it tilt so the top of the seat back was as far as it could go. i removed the spacer which allowed the seat to go back about 2 inches by removing alot of the tilt. i fit great now and could go back another inch or so if needed.

Thanks
Mick

Angel Acevedo

posted on 28/6/20 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
I put two of the rear seats from a Renault Scenic in my Haynes - worked well and cost £10 for the three, Locost! The outer two fitted mine but I do know of others who used two of the narrower center seats in narrower cars

Do you have the width of these?
And now that you are on it, for the outers and for the center one.
Thanks in advance.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ianhurley20

posted on 28/6/20 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Angel - my cr was written off and the seats both oter and center went with it - but - they fitted the Haynes excatly and a few cars more with the center seat which wa s much narrower - and I found them very comfortable indeed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.