Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Meggers is preggers - RANT
02GF74

posted on 15/2/21 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Meggers is preggers - RANT

BBC news
quote:
A spokesperson for the couple said they were "overjoyed".

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and the rest of the Royal Family "are delighted and wish them well".

Harry and Meghan shared a black and white picture of themselves under a tree, with Harry resting his hand on Meghan's head as she cradles her bump.

I mean who gives a F***? I certainly don't.

Harry and Meghan complain about press invasion into their privacy, they leave the royal family, leave the country so that the press leaves them alone so why make announcements and release photos that are clearly aimed at the press??

.... and don't tell me this is meant to be some good news amidst the covid gloom, if you want to cheer us up, or me at least, announce an extra day's holiday in June.

I'm neither for or against the royal family, they are a bunch of rich people living in a big house with Corgis and perform the odd car stunt in a Range Rover and I really don't care who, when and where they are shagging.

Rant over, need a lie down now.

steve m

posted on 15/2/21 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I glanced over that piece of clickbait news, i dont think any one is interested in him, as he is as much a royal as i am,
I bet his Father JH is pleased though,

As for her, hate is a big nasty word, so i really dislike her, manipulating piece of trash, who got exactly what she always wanted, as in marrying a Prince
but she has cocked up, as he isnt a real one

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

coyoteboy

posted on 15/2/21 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
If you don't care, do what I did. Scroll past.

cliftyhanger

posted on 15/2/21 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
It is just another piece of news.
Yes, the Royal Family (ltd) made a press release, but they don't choose what position" it is given. That is up to the media.

So your rant is against the media. But they just do whatever sells clicks/papers etc, so the end of all that is you don't like the same things as many of the population.

Solution, move on.

02GF74

posted on 15/2/21 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
If you don't care, do what I did. Scroll past.

Now that is being silly, how can anyone have a good old fashioned teeth gnashing, hair pulling, foaming at the mouth rant is one is to ignore?

...but I will scroll past your reply

coyoteboy

posted on 15/2/21 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote

jacko

posted on 15/2/21 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Who is Harry and Meghan
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 15/2/21 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
I loved the cover of Private Eye when one of the royals popped a sprog in 2013:

Baby cover
Baby cover

[Edited on 15/2/21 by David Jenkins]

James

posted on 17/2/21 at 01:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

Harry and Meghan complain about press invasion into their privacy, they leave the royal family, leave the country so that the press leaves them alone so why make announcements and release photos that are clearly aimed at the press??

Regarding Prince William's kids I believe (I think from Radio 4- probably the excellent Media Show) that there is an agreement with the press- we give you a couple of staged photos per year (1st day of school, Xmas etc etc) and then you leave us/them alone the rest of the time. Gives the poor kids (and yes, I do appreciate they are lucky in the sense of they will never want for anything material!) some chance of a normal childhood.

There may not be the same official agreement with Harry and Meghan (I've no idea) but if they said nothing and it leaked... the press go fricking mental and it's the long range lenses and all the other guff. But releasing a statement and decent posed photo it gets it out there and there's no incentive to paps to go climbing over the walls to take photos etc.

I genuinely feel sorry for Harry and Meghan (again caveated my appreciation of the lack of material need) they both seem fairly decent people, both do their bit for charity/decent causes and for reasons I might guess as they (particularly Meghan) are utterly torn apart by the press.

On reflection, I see the same with Lewis Hamilton and I've recently seen it with Marcus Rashford... dare to stick their heads over the parapet and they get destroyed for it. I can't imagine the reason... must be the money right?

On further reflection reminds me of that Southpark Episode...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqD97W5_kxI

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

steve m

posted on 17/2/21 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
But who gives a shit, ???

No one, its no different to any other reality star, and thats all the Royals are, just over privileged, incredibly wealthy, and the Royals are incredibly rich at our expense, they live the life of riley, again at our expense, never done a days work, and never will, and going to a couple of functions and having tea biscuits and and a natter, is NOT a days work!!

Sorry, but this country is a joke for having these pondlifes, living the lives they do, while thousands of families cant even put food on the table, heat the house, pay bills, and even more so in the current pandemic

This is morally wrong, and the Royal family should hang the heads in shame

Sorry, but thats what i think of these inbred incestuous individuals, not one of them has any more status on this planet, than i do, nor any other person

We are ALL equal, no matter what, no matter colour, sex, whatever,

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

femster87

posted on 17/2/21 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

No one, its no different to any other reality star, and thats all the Royals are, just over privileged, incredibly wealthy, and the Royals are incredibly rich at our expense, they live the life of riley, again at our expense, never done a days work, and never will, and going to a couple of functions and having tea biscuits and and a natter, is NOT a days work!!

Sorry, but this country is a joke for having these pondlifes, living the lives they do, while thousands of families cant even put food on the table, heat the house, pay bills, and even more so in the current pandemic

Sorry, but thats what i think of these inbred incestuous individuals, not one of them has any more status on this planet, than i do, nor any other person

Haha, someone hates the royal family. I quite like them.

www.femsoncuts.co.uk

James

posted on 18/2/21 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Just think though... we still have to have a Head of State.

Get rid of the Royal Family, have an elected Head of State and what do we get??? MORE POLITICIANS!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

craig1410

posted on 18/2/21 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by femster87
quote:

Haha, someone hates the royal family. I quite like them.

Yep, I'm a Royal fan as well , especially for the Queen. Nobody can possibly say she hasn't done her duty for the country. She is like the North Star - always present, always guiding. Yes there are some disappointments such as Andrew and a few others, and the whole Diana saga still sticks in my throat, but without the Royal family we'd just be like the USA, and who wants that?

I'm certainly sad that Harry has chosen the path he has because I don't think it'll ultimately lead to happiness for him, but at least he's making a stand and following his heart. Good luck to him I say - he certainly deserves a happy life given the childhood he has endured.

As for William, he's heavily bogged down by the burden of duty and I certainly don't agree that he lives "the life of Riley" by any means. At some point in the not too distant future he'll be expected to take over from the Queen and his own father as the monarch of the UK. I don't know what sort of King Charles is going to be, but taking over from the Queen is one heck of an act to follow! Few of us, myself included, can possibly appreciate that sense of duty to nearly 70 million people and centuries of history.

Just my tuppence worth.

ps. Get well soon Prince Philip!

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/2/21 at 04:10 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd consider the role of being the king or queen a living hell and it's very much a gilded cage. I'd probably last less than a week before taking out reporters with a sniper rifle...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JC

posted on 18/2/21 at 06:07 AM Reply With Quote
I was lucky enough to have a nice chat with Prince Charles on one of his trips abroad, where he was using his personal relationship with the head of state to promote British interests (the civil servant with him said it had been an amazingly constructive trip).

He was a thoroughly nice, decent, hardworking and considerate man and not at all how the media portray him. Power to his elbow and I would far rather have a hundred royals than the shamble of an elected president.

It does stick in my craw though when Harry and Meghan ‘withdraw’ from public service/public life and blame the media for that.......to the be appearing on Oprah in what is a blatant money making scheme.

David Jenkins

posted on 18/2/21 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
I prefer having someone non-political at the top... otherwise we could end up with a president like Trump! President BoJo? I also like having a non-political judiciary.

It's worth looking at this as well (assuming he's right with his figures)

[Edited on 18/2/21 by David Jenkins]

Ivan

posted on 18/2/21 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
As an outsider I believe that the only thing that keeps Britain on the world stage with any prestige is the Royal family. Those who denigrate them and wish for their fall have no true understanding of their value to Britain.

Yes they are human with all the failings that being so brings, but don't hate them because of their humanity - value them for what they bring to Britain.

I also believe that Harry has let the side down and should be stripped of his royal titles etc. as he is unwilling to use those privileges to the advantage of the country and people that provided them through birthright, instead now choosing to pursue the money making opportunities that they provide outside of Britain..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.