Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Was the A1 GP any good?
Triton

posted on 26/9/05 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
Was the A1 GP any good?

Did anybody go and was it any good, not got Sky one so all i saw was a clip on the news......hope it's better than Farty 1 circus.

MotoGP is still the kiddie though.......

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mk-Ninja

posted on 26/9/05 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
At least there were no commercial breaks during the races, ITV are taking the pi$$.
Racing was still a bit of a procession. Moto GP is still the one to beat, Rossi king again.

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

shortie

posted on 26/9/05 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Yep!! was awesome, me and Ned went.

Bit scary when the Lebanon car crashed and came to rest upside down all of 10 yards from us!!

Much, much better than F1, loads of good support races aswell.

A great day and great to see Brands looking superb, a real credit to Jonathan Palmer, full grandstands, loads of fans and some great racing. Only downside was GB going out when in such a good position but Nelson Piquet is an awesome driver.

Rich.

ned

posted on 26/9/05 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
ditto what rich said really, an excellent day.

i was personally a bit suprised that they didn't red flag the race after the lebanese car rolled, there was a course car and ambulance at paddock hill bend for a lap or so before they got the safety car into position, so cars were still coming round at race speed, albeit under double waved yellows.

weather held out and brands looked brilliant, the best i've ever seen it.

Rich has about 400 pics to go through on his digital camera and a fair bit of footage on his camcorder too

Full credit to the marshalls for doing an excellent job though. The lola that rolled held together very well, my only concern was that the engine didn't cut out, the marshalls were trying to get the guy out of the car/check he was ok whiltst it was upside down and the rear wheels were still thrashing in the gravel 20ft in front of us! after they pushed the car back over and got him out he walked away though - brilliant.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Lotusmark2

posted on 26/9/05 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Looked great, really enjoyed it on TV. Shame it made the F1 race later look sooooo dull!
A1 is like F1 was 25 years ago. No driver aids, boost button (not the flame spitting turbo though which is a shame)
A1 gets an A1 thumbs up from me!

shortie

posted on 26/9/05 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Oh, one thing I forgot, if I go next year I'll remember the ear plugs!

Ned's right actually about the car not shutting off when upside down, I was quite suprised as I thought they have to have a fuel shut-off sensor\valve for when the car rolls but maybe not. Was a bit scary though seeing the wheel spinning!

Rich.

Russ-Turner

posted on 26/9/05 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
You might have had a fence in the way of some shots but you can't beat being this close to the action.

I expected more from Jos the Boss

John Bosch... no i'm not David Bailey before you ask.

Gutted!
Robbie Kerr broke down right in front of me and retired from the lead of race 2. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

This little beauty was parked the other side of Druids

My first time at Brands. Looks like more has been spent on it than Donington. On the flip side on nthe way out we travelled three miles in an hour so not good. Must be a bugger if you live next door to the circuit!

ned

posted on 26/9/05 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
yup, it took us an hour and a half to get out and onto the m25 Russ. we were just down at paddock, right behind the fence where the a1 car rolled. good pics by the way

beware, I've got yellow skin

shortie

posted on 26/9/05 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
A couple of pics......

A1GP_1
A1GP_1

A1GP_2
A1GP_2

Spares anyone!!!!??

EddThompson

posted on 26/9/05 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Was my first real motor race, was great, had an awesome time, strugled to keep up with what was going on, but i taped it on sky+ for that

here a few photos

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

ayoungman

posted on 26/9/05 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
My cousin lives next door. His back garden leads straight into the woods on the Grand Prix circuit..........naturally, we were a bit upset about the noisey neighbours....................NOT

"just like that !"

Triton

posted on 26/9/05 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Bloke i know painted all those cars....26 in all
They even look prettier than F1 cars....

Still no contest with Moto Gp though.....cool to see the Duke win again.....as for that donkey Sete knocking of Nakano !!!!!!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.