No, I'd rather we didn't

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sponsorship
ChrisW

posted on 22/2/03 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Sponsorship

Been thinking about getting a site sponsor to help out with the cost of running this site. It was something I hoped I would never had to do however all the time I'm spending developing all the features you lot want (or demand in some cases ) means that my build has sat still for 6 months. The one thing I wanted to achieve by starting this site has been the hardest hit.

Anyway, to the point! I have a couple of part manufacturers interested in sponsoring but it has been suggested that it would upset the impartiality of the site if a big name was associated with it. Do you agree with this?

Please note that this is not going to mean the site ends up covered in adverts. Banners annoy me hugely so I won't allow them on here. What it will mean is the manufacturers name will appear in a few places around the site.

Sponsorship means I'll be able to get my car finished *and* continue development of the site. If not, I will be spending time out working on the car so the site won't get the attention it has been for the last year or so.

Speak now or forever hold your piece (oo-er!)

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 22/2/03 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
If it means keeping the site going, then slap sponsors all over the place its only a mild annoyance anyway

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 22/2/03 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Oh and 15 views and only 3 votes??
is that what they call apathy?

wicket

posted on 22/2/03 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Happy to have sponsorship Chris. Keep up the good work.
ChrisW

posted on 22/2/03 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Viper

I'll do my best to not cause annoyance which is the exact reason I'm going down the sponsorship route rather than allowing people to advertise. Also, it means I can do a deal based on the parts I need to complete my car - money will not come into it!

Chris

My gaff my rules

RichieW

posted on 22/2/03 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
If you need a sponsor then go for it. I reckon that every member has got something out of this site so we can't begrudge you getting help with the running costs. As long as it doesn't affect what can be said within the forum then no-one can complain.
Northy

posted on 22/2/03 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Can we set up some sort of discount?

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

johnston

posted on 22/2/03 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
just let your sponsors know that if their service aint gd it might get posted b4 hand so they cant have a go at you if someone else has a bad experiance and tells

impartiality and all that sorta stuff

ChrisW

posted on 22/2/03 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Don't worry - the sponsor won't have any kind of admin rights on the site. If you slag them off it'll be up to them to respond to your criticism in the same way as anyone else would have to.

Chris

My gaff my rules

johnston

posted on 22/2/03 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
doesnt really worry me cos bein on the wrong side of the irish sea itll prob be cheaper gettin stuff made at an engineerin firm than pay carriage and stuff

just so u cover your own back and dont get any grief for your troubles

chrisg

posted on 22/2/03 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Anything to keep it going Chris, don't want any trade secrets but what sort of firm do you have in mind?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

robinbastd

posted on 22/2/03 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Anything to keep such a successful site running. I'm sure Luego ought to be bunging something into your collecting bucket,they do make rather good use of it
Your hard work is much appreciated.
ATB
Ian

andyd

posted on 22/2/03 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
Go for it Chris.

I know that if it were my servers and time spent hosting this site then I'd do a deal with a decent supplier if it meant getting my car built sooner.

Besides, I'm sure that every one of us would welcome an advert or two being brought to our attention so long as it were relevant. As most of us log on and surf straight here to see what's what, it would be good to know that supplier x is offering part y for whatever £££. Also there are plenty of people that ask such questions anyway.

So long as the sponsorship doesn't include ladies with hot overhead cams and large air intakes if you get my drift

Did I just type that out loud! I must be tired...time for bed.

Andy

Metal Hippy™

posted on 23/2/03 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
Fine by me

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Metal Hippy™

posted on 23/2/03 at 01:03 AM Reply With Quote
Errrrrrr....

F*ck.

Delete one against....

I'm half asleep and clicked the wrong one...

ChrisW

posted on 23/2/03 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Trust you Hippy....

Chris

My gaff my rules

ChrisW

posted on 23/2/03 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Far too complicated to delete one Hippy.... we'll just have to add up in our heads.

Chris

My gaff my rules

fastenuff

posted on 23/2/03 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
go for it chris.
Wow 6 months delay that is a lot. Thanks ( from the other side of the North Sea) for putting time in this site.

[Edited on 23/2/03 by fastenuff]

Ingmar

chrisg

posted on 23/2/03 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
So, two against,

and one of them was the hippy in a haze of alcohol or something.

And I presume the other was mr Considerably.(bye then)

I think you have your answer then Chris.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

scutter

posted on 23/2/03 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Go for it Chris,

It will be good for you to get back in the garage.

I think I can say for everyone that you and this site of yours is a god sent.

All the best Dan

P.S. Any clues of the sponsers or discounts.

philgregson

posted on 23/2/03 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Go for it - at the end of the day Chris you go to a lot of trouble to benefit, amuse, anoy and completely befuddle (delete as appropriate) us. Do what you think is best.

Anyhow - impartiality or not no-one in their right mind could begrudge you benefitting from this if you can.

Cheers

Phil.

Metal Hippy™

posted on 23/2/03 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I don't need alcohol or anything.

I can get into a daze all by myself....

mark_rayfield

posted on 24/2/03 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
anything that helps you out, helps us out in the long run.

cheers for all the hard work

Mark H

posted on 24/2/03 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah go for it. I'd be stuffed if this site went down (I may even have to actually talk face to face with someone!), so whatevers necessary.

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

Spyderman

posted on 24/2/03 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Ooh I don't know!

Just think about all the erm......

And then there's the ah.......

Oh bugger it, I can't think of any good arguement against!

Go for it!

Terry

Spyderman

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.