Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Barry Sheene
theconrodkid

posted on 10/3/03 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Barry Sheene

sad news about Barry,saw him at goodwood he got the biggest cheer of the lot even though he,s been living in auz for many years,allways entertaining to watch,sadly missed John.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

bob

posted on 10/3/03 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
I met Barry sheene at Goodwood revival as well,must be one of the most approachable in the bussiness.
Top bloke had plenty of time for everyone,sadly we are probably wont see his likes again on track

bob

posted on 10/3/03 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
I met Barry sheene at Goodwood revival as well,must be one of the most approachable in the bussiness.
Top bloke had plenty of time for everyone,sadly we probably wont see his likes again on track

chrisg

posted on 10/3/03 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Barry has always been a hero of mine, a very brave man through all his injuries and the illness that finally claimed him, I met him (when I was aged ten) at brands hatch, he'd taken quite a tumble and he stood for three quarters of a hour signing autographs before getting in the ambulance.

I still have my autrograph.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/3/03 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
I saw barry sheen in what I think was the transatlantic trophy series at brands in 1976 - 77. I have never been to brands since, but probably will to see the indy race in may.

As a biker at that time he was one of my heros too.

The closest I got to him was when I lived in Towcester in the early 80's. I drove past him and lord hesketh as they were walking the high street campaigning for heskeths election to summat or other.

Can you believe that no brit has one a GP since sheene's last win!

atb

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.