Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Buggritt!
David Jenkins

posted on 1/4/03 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Buggritt!

On Friday I thought "weather's good for the weekend, I'll get some work done in the garage, sun shining in, etc."

On Saturday I wrenched my back somehow (just driving along in my real car!) and spent the next 3 days unable to do a damn thing.

I've now got to be careful for the next week while it recovers...

Damn!

DJ

paulbeyer

posted on 1/4/03 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
I'm just back on my feet from a nasty attack of bronchitis. Added to the fact I spent the first part of the year working in Europe and the US I've done about 4 hours work on my car this year.

Frustrating or what?

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

chrisg

posted on 1/4/03 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Get a grip you chaps!!!

OW! OW! OW!

Sprained my finger now typing that!!!

Cheers

Chris
(with the bad back)

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

David Jenkins

posted on 1/4/03 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying...

yours, up!

8-)

DJ

[Edited on 1/4/03 by David Jenkins]

chrisg

posted on 1/4/03 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Damn, I'm rubbish at puzzles.........erm....

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

sg_frost
Builder

Posts 104
Registered 6/11/02

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Haynes roaster in college with students, gulp!

posted on 2/4/03 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
You think you got problems, my tubular chassis has a engine, box, and rear suspension. My back has missing disks, cracked vertabrae, and pain. Doctor wants to put me out of action for 13 weeks! Flat on my face for 3months! Guess the car will have to wait!! To hell with a sprained finger!!
chrisg

posted on 2/4/03 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know how to break this to you but

I don't really have a sprained finger!

LOL

Cheers

Chris

Fit as a fiddle me (touches wood)

Rorty

posted on 3/4/03 at 04:59 AM Reply With Quote
sg_frost:
quote:

You think you got problems.....My back has missing disks, cracked vertabrae, and pain. Doctor wants to put me out of action for 13 weeks! Flat on my face for 3months!

A statment like this has all the makings of a really good new thread to rival the scene from Jaws, where Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss are all on Shaws boat, and Shaw and Dreyfuss start comparing wounds and injuries.
Anyone care to follow on?

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 3/4/03 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sg_frost
You think you got problems, my tubular chassis has a engine, box, and rear suspension. My back has missing disks, cracked vertabrae, and pain. Doctor wants to put me out of action for 13 weeks! Flat on my face for 3months! Guess the car will have to wait!! To hell with a sprained finger!!

Puts my strained back into perspective!

Which, BTW, is getting better - hope to be working on the car this coming weekend...

8-)

DJ

Peteff

posted on 3/4/03 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Jaws, a stupid concept.

Roy Scheider's character doesn't like boats or fish or water, what possessed him to take the job. Ruined an otherwise perfectly plausible film for me. Not!.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

James

posted on 3/4/03 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Rorty wrote:
quote:

A statment like this has all the makings of a really good new thread to rival the scene from Jaws, where Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss are all on Shaws boat, and Shaw and Dreyfuss start comparing wounds and injuries.
Anyone care to follow on?

Well my right knee's got a ruptured medial ligament, cruciate damage and a meniscal tear and I'm still building!
:-p

HTH,

James
...just trying to prove he's not really a soft southern jessie... :-)

auzziejim

posted on 3/4/03 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
well iv got damaged cartalige in my left knee, arthritis in my left elbow and a pretty bad smokers cough, hehe!

I cant play football or rugby but can build a car

James

Alan B

posted on 3/4/03 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Soft bastards the lot of you....:-)

(runs for cover)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
auzziejim

posted on 3/4/03 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
alan we all know your just jealous you dont have any battle scars (if thats what you can call them)

James

Alan B

posted on 3/4/03 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Damn.....found out..:-)

(obviously I do have my share of battle scars....how can you build cars without them?)

bob

posted on 3/4/03 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Left knee cap went AWOL in 1986 and right knee cap decided to join it in 1993,arthritis is nice now its set in.

Couple of facial scars,but then again its hard round here

Ben 4x4 Shepperd

posted on 3/4/03 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
I've got an X scar on my chin a mis shapen finger after in was crushed flat, at the moment 2 dead finger nails, 3 moulten plastic scars where the skin was ripped off my hand, a scar on my left thumb from a machete, one on the right thumb where a kebab stick went thru my hand and one on my finger from glass and my back's got a bit busted off it and my knees are always dodgy And I;'m only 16!!!!!!!!!!!!
chrisg

posted on 3/4/03 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm just a brain in a jar - So beat that!

And my brwain huuurts!

Cheers

Cerebral Chris

paulbeyer

posted on 3/4/03 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Damn I just got some oil and dirt under my finger nails and it looks like its buggered up my french manicure. It never rains but it pours. I dont know if I can carry on, good bye cruel world.

[Edited on 3/4/2003 by paulbeyer]

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

David Jenkins

posted on 4/4/03 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Daft beggars!

DJ

mdc124

posted on 4/4/03 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Well I'm just a brain in a jar

Thats one damn **** jar !!!

*insert word of choice

Http://www.farend.co.uk/

The first MK Turnkey Indy

Peteff

posted on 4/4/03 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
What kind of jar is it?

Is it a Shiphams bloater paste jar or summat like that. Anyway, if you're a brain in a jar how did you sprain your finger typing. You just make stuff up you do. I'm alright now my legs have grown back since my accident with the light sabre.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

johnston

posted on 4/4/03 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

a scar on my left thumb from a machete, one on the right thumb where a kebab stick went thru my hand

HOW!!!!! did you mange them??????

scar on toe from stitches when i dropped a flagstone on it
scar on chin passed out in a enginerin shop onto two axle pins i was holdin 3 stitches gained

scar on right thumb from a gearbox with a sharp edge in the casin

various other scars on hands from a variety of diferent carparts and bracketry

and new burns from the oxy-cetlene and welders in work (got new job they let me play with fire the fools!!)

how do the sparks get inside 4+ layers of clothes ??????

oh and never had a broken bone in my life (yet)

Alan B

posted on 4/4/03 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnston
......oh and never had a broken bone in my life (yet)

Yep, just what I used to say...until I was playing footy for Rockwell Graphics drawing office over 30's team (yes, really I'm over 30....)......at Deepdale, home of my beloved Preston North End.....when I erm....tripped up and fractured my skull.......never been the same since...

We won though...in case you wondered..

chrisg

posted on 4/4/03 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Nobody accuses ME of making things up!

I'm going to use thought control to make you stub your toe

Cos I've just won 8 .....no 10 million on the lottery

Got to go Kylie's at the door, dripping, if you know what I mean (and I think you do)

HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaa - wibble

Cheers

Chris, king of Belgium

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.