Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Track day insurance.
zetec

posted on 11/4/03 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Track day insurance.

Any one know about track days and what to do about insurance. I have been quoted £189 non track day policy and £379 for policy with track day cover (excess raised to £2000 on the track!). Not too worried about myself, more concerned if I end up damaging someone else! Is it poss to get insurance on the day or single event cover?
Jasper

posted on 11/4/03 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I know you don't have to worry about insurance for hitting anybody else, if your gonna take your pride and joy on the track you have to be prepared for somebody wiping you out.

It's an accepted thing that you might get your car damaged. You more likely to wipe your self out than take somebody else out, as they usually have a no overtaking around the corners rule, which most people (unless your name's Jon Ison and you've got a MKGT1 in your sites).

mdc124

posted on 11/4/03 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sureterm allowed me track cover £900 xs without increase of premium - explicitly doesn't cover third parties.

230quid 100xs 3000miles

Cheers

Http://www.farend.co.uk/

The first MK Turnkey Indy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 18/4/03 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
After calling several insurance dealers have gone for normal road policy, very reasonable £189 and includes RAC recovery! Not that I'll need it...

Found I can get trackday cover £71 per event with £750 excess, £5000 own vehicle cover. looks as if I would be able to do 2-3 trackdays with this cover before being out of pocket. Policy was with dedicated motorsport company who should know whats what.

Was advised some cover not worth the paper it is written on as so many items excluded that it becomes a joke. One was that my car would have to be the only car on the track, no time keeping, wouldn't even cover auto trials or hill climb.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.