Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Webber 40's or 45's
Furious D

posted on 13/9/06 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
Webber 40's or 45's

Looking at a lot of cars at the moment and they all have either. Which are better and why and is there really that much difference.

D

mookaloid

posted on 13/9/06 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Depends on the application - 45's might be too much on a 1600 or 40's might not be enough on a 2000 XE for instance.

HTH

Mark

Just

posted on 13/9/06 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Neither is better as such, as said it is about suitability for the engine and either can be wrongly applied.
Furious D

posted on 13/9/06 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
The engine that i am mainly looking at is the 2.0 pinto. If i can stretch the budget then it would be 1.8 or 2.0 zetec.

D

DarrenW

posted on 13/9/06 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
ive seen twin 40's used on a 2.1 pinto to great effect, but admittedly the chokes had been machined out and they were rejetted etc.

Talking to various people who seem to know their stuff, in terms of good power locost ish solutions - throttle bodies are the best and bike carbs a close second. Purely in terms of cost order (cheapest first) - bike carbs, webers, throttle bodies (of course partly dependant on how lucky you are at finding them).

As with most mods and tweaks the trick is to get it all set up correctly.

[Edited on 13/9/06 by DarrenW]

mookaloid

posted on 13/9/06 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
For a standard 2.0 pinto 40's will be ok, for a tuned pinto say over 150BHP then you need 45's

I would say similar applies to the zetec, however if you get a fairly standard motor with 40's and then tune it up then you may have to upgrade to 45's whereas if it is running on 45's already you can fit bigger chokes and rejet etc.

Have a read of this for more infolink

Furious D

posted on 13/9/06 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
For a standard 2.0 pinto 40's will be ok, for a tuned pinto say over 150BHP then you need 45's

I would say similar applies to the zetec, however if you get a fairly standard motor with 40's and then tune it up then you may have to upgrade to 45's whereas if it is running on 45's already you can fit bigger chokes and rejet etc.

Have a read of this for more infolink

Useful link mark,

Thanks
D

NS Dev

posted on 13/9/06 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
dave andrews little piece is the best weber setup guide I know of

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.