Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ooops. You just never know when ------!
jollygreengiant

posted on 20/4/07 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops. You just never know when ------!

Well I got up this morning & set off for work at 03:00 hrs (well just a bit before) and as I turned out of a side road into the High street in Higham Ferrers threre was a load bang, a squeal from one of the tyres and the car stopped dead. I tried to pull away but it wouldn't have it and the short distance it did manage was NOT in the direction that I was steering. the cause was the Track rod end on the Offside.
PIcs as below.

o/s/f tre from top
o/s/f tre from top

Sufice to say that at the time it made me a bit shall we say nervous.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

stevec

posted on 20/4/07 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
that could have been nasty!
what is the diagonal line across the break point?
Steve

andyharding

posted on 20/4/07 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like you over tightened it!

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

welderman

posted on 20/4/07 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Steve

looks like a pair of glasses

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

russbost

posted on 20/4/07 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Either been over tightened or was already fractured. The only good thing about steering failures of this kind is that they nearly always happen at low speed cos thats when the steering loads are higher. Could have been exciting on the Motorway tho

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jollygreengiant

posted on 20/4/07 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
It wasn't me that did it up. But I did get the lad who did it up out of bed at 04:30 this morning.

Unfortunatly my phone focused on the road rather than the break area. There is on the break face a clear mark where there had been a fracture/fissure in the metal which probably didn't help. the rest of it is plainly a tensile break to quote a comment from later in the day,
"No I trust my doing it up, I know my gun that I used & it would not have over tightened it"

Thats why I ALWAYS do those things up with spanners.

oh and the diagonal line in the back ground was something that I could not work out what it was. Yep you were right, it was my sun glasses arm.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

MikeRJ

posted on 20/4/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Steve

looks like a pair of glasses

I think Steve meant the line across the actual fracture which can be seen in the first pic.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.