Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Cobra
greggors84

posted on 15/1/04 at 03:11 AM Reply With Quote
New Cobra

Looks like there is a new addition to Fords new living legends line (GT, Mustang, T bird). They have a new cobra. If anyone has seen the pics for the new Mustang which is modern looking with old design features (same concept as the GT and T bird) they have done the same with the cobra, and in my opinion done a good job. And could be a production car by 2005. Rescued attachment car_portal_pic_13099.jpg
Rescued attachment car_portal_pic_13099.jpg

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

greggors84

posted on 15/1/04 at 03:12 AM Reply With Quote
and the arse end... Rescued attachment car_portal_pic_13100.jpg
Rescued attachment car_portal_pic_13100.jpg

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Alan B

posted on 15/1/04 at 04:10 AM Reply With Quote
I quite like it.....but.....

I thought Cobras (real ones) were made in Thames Ditton by AC....still what do know..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 15/1/04 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
I like that too. A lot tougher than a 'regular' Cobra.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mackie

posted on 15/1/04 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
That is quite nice, sort of kept the original character but I think the headlights should be round or look more aggressive somehow.
I love the new mustang, I really hope they'll bring it to the UK, and for American money ($20k for the 4.0l V6 up to $45k for a fully specced GT V8) but they never do that, Americans seem to pay about 2/3 what we do for cars and get insane deals like 5 year interest free credit.

sgraber

posted on 15/1/04 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
There was a fantastic show on the telly about the making of that creature. It was incredible how quickly they made it. When they showed video of the chassis doing donuts outside the shop my jaw just dropped with the thought of all that power to weight! That's gonna be one hard beast to keep in a straight line!

And yes, it's another Must Have car for the stable.... Now if only I could find a job as a talk show host or a sports figure.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

Spyderman

posted on 15/1/04 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, Sorry, doesn't do anything for me!
A bit too much like the Mustang (which I do like) and not enough like an original Cobra.
It just isn't curvy enough for me. Looks like an aircraft carrier with all that flat top panels.

Alanb, I think it is Carrol Shelby that owns the rights to the Cobra name. Apparently he has sued a lot of the replica makers for using the name.
Agree though he did not design or build any of the bodies. That was done by AC as you say!

Terry

Spyderman

andyps

posted on 15/1/04 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
I think it is good update of a classic shape - you can tell what it is meant to be without it being too retro. I'd have one.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Peteff

posted on 15/1/04 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
The rear lights will fail SVA on the visibility splay. They will build something that doesn't look anything like it for the road. I'll keep my GT40 thanks.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.