Board logo

Twin Injectors or not? What are your experiences
FuryRebuild - 16/11/15 at 11:26 AM

Dear All

I'm putting my duratec together right now, and I am wondering what to do about injectors. I know there's a variation between outright performance or economy (not bothered ) depending on if you have the injectors in the head or the throttle body, but has any one got experience of running both sets?

I appreciate that means:

1. two sets of injectors
  2. a second fuel rail and plumbing
  3. a pump that has capacity
  4. engine management that has the functionality

I don't have a method yet of sealing the injector ports in the head, so I would also appreciate advice on that as well.

Thanks
Mark

big-vee-twin - 16/11/15 at 01:32 PM

Here's mine with twin injectors set up last week by Dale at Bailey performance.

[img] Jenveys
Jenveys
[/img]

193HP on the rollers with a standard engine plus Jenvey's and dual injectors - very driveable.

Oddified - 16/11/15 at 03:44 PM

I use 8 injectors on my car. Works well, very driveable in traffic and goes well when i poke the rhd peddle

I used gsxr tb's which already had 8 injectors, some mods to re-space the bodies and fuel rails and they were there to use, plus i already had an ecu that can control them however i want. Currently set-up to run the inner bank up to 5000rpm then after that transitions to all 8 over half throttle. The outer set doesn't have the flow to run the engine at full chat so i couldn't just run the outer bank as would be the case normally but that's something i'll address over the winter.

The fuel pump point isn't valid, you need enough fuel/flow for the engine no matter if you run 4 big injectors or 8. The engine needs what it needs however you put it in.

Ian