Board logo

Roll cage question
limpetminer - 5/12/17 at 12:19 PM

Hi All
I have a tiger avon cbr1000rr, it has a bespoke roll cage fitted & i would like to get some removeable door bars fitted so that i can use them for track days & then take them off for road use to aid access for wifey etc.Not sure where to go for them as they will need to be made to measure, i am in berkshire near newbury, can anyone help?

Mr Whippy - 5/12/17 at 12:41 PM

I understand the access issue but are the roads any safer than the track...

BenBrooks - 5/12/17 at 01:12 PM

Agree with mr whippy..

I have a full cage on my Haynes with side bars which are angled downwards slightly. If any think, they're actually useful for getting in and out of the car. You can stand on them and I use them to push myself up out of the seat, then sit on it and swing my legs round. Also acts as a nice armrest!

I had my cage fitted by Tom @ Tube Bender in Rugby. Good price, good service and cage looks great. I'm sure he'd be able to rustle up some side bars for you.

CosKev3 - 5/12/17 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BenBrooks
Agree with mr whippy..

I have a full cage on my Haynes with side bars which are angled downwards slightly. If any think, they're actually useful for getting in and out of the car. You can stand on them and I use them to push myself up out of the seat, then sit on it and swing my legs round. Also acts as a nice armrest!

I had my cage fitted by Tom @ Tube Bender in Rugby. Good price, good service and cage looks great. I'm sure he'd be able to rustle up some side bars for you.

Any pics ?

Hopley89 - 5/12/17 at 09:08 PM

i have got a full cage on mine, from mk
but i helped my mate build a full cage for his gts panther,
the removable door bars
wouldn’t it be easier for you to do them your self and cheaper?
but for road use i would leave them on. and take them off for the track

BenBrooks - 5/12/17 at 09:15 PM

Pics here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/81264976@N07/with/27082109989/

[Edited on 5/12/17 by BenBrooks]

limpetminer - 5/12/17 at 09:30 PM

Thanks for pics , my cage is a special & front bars are inside body,will try to post pics when i can work out how to do it