Board logo

Frost Brake Flare tool [on offer today] - worth getting?
jps - 10/8/16 at 12:28 PM

Just had this pop up in my inbox - offer expires tonight - I do need a flaring tool at some point - is it worth leaping into action to get this one ordered tonight? If not - what's a better buy?

http://www.frost.co.uk/in-situ-brake-pipe-flaring-tool-set.html?utm_source=2016_08_10_MWO_M250&utm_campaign=2016_08_10_MWO_M250&utm_medium=ema il

nobrakes - 10/8/16 at 01:06 PM

Does this make DIN (also called 'bubble' ) flares?
They say it makes female, male and double flares, I'd give them a ring to check because unless you're only using really old (c.1970's) brake parts you'll probably need DIN flares.
If it does make DIN flares then it does look cheap - I recently bought a tool that only makes DIN flares and only on one size of pipe, the cheapest was on ebay, £34-ish IIRC.

britishtrident - 10/8/16 at 04:27 PM

Frost's are generally not known for compeditive prices. The reason why this is reduced is there is a much better tool available (which Frost also now sell) and remember the P&P charges.
If you do a eBay fo the Powerhand tool (also sold under different brand names) it is a much better tool.

myke pocock - 10/8/16 at 04:35 PM

It does say "imperial" so you may have to take that into consideration.

907 - 10/8/16 at 04:51 PM

I was just about to think, "that looks good" when I scrolled down to "items you may also be interested in".

£11 odd for a tube of "brake & pipe seal". ( Scratches head. ??? )

If you need to seal the threads then they haven't much confidence in the pipe flairs.

It's like finding oil drip trays next to sump gaskets.

Paul G

jps - 10/8/16 at 07:45 PM

Cheers guys, you've helped me avoid an impulse buy!