Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mirror, mirror on the wall, whose got the quickest locost of them all??
dashin_dave

posted on 17/9/02 at 02:58 AM Reply With Quote
mirror, mirror on the wall, whose got the quickest locost of them all??

okey, i've heard about BEC, cosworth engined cars, and got knows what else, so what is the quickest then, over qtr mile or track??
James

posted on 17/9/02 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Some of the V8's at Donnington seemed pretty quick.

Couldn't beat The IsonBlade or The Hicost though!

mad_skillz

posted on 17/9/02 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
What about the Tiger Z100 & Z100WR?
It does 0-60 in 2.8s.
heres the website. Goto cars and click on the top pic,
http://www.tiger-sportscars.demon.co.uk/

Simon

posted on 17/9/02 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't realise 30 grands worth of Tiger Z100 (WR) counted as a Locost.

I thought others had a big budget, but you're taking the u no wot:-)

ATB

Simon

interestedparty

posted on 17/9/02 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on your definition of quick. 0-60, 0-100, 0-150, top speed, lap time around Donnington, lap time around Le Mans?

John

chrisg

posted on 17/9/02 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
I can only speak from experience, but the quickest I've been in is owned by the Derbyshire sheep worrier, Mr Ison.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locodude

posted on 17/9/02 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
No such thing as quickest. It's horses for courses. I sat in the suicide seat of both the Hicost cossie and the Isonblade and both were quicker than the other but at different parts of the circiut. Lap for lap on the same tyres on a short circuit I would think the Bladeboy's tub of poo would be quicker but round a Le Mans type circuit James tub of poo would wipe the floor with it, comfier too! For me it would have to be 400bhp + NOS but boy is the Isonblade a missile and don't forget, I've experienced both, thanks guys
Chris PTM
BTW Ison's been in the Hicost, ask him!

locodude

posted on 17/9/02 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
On the other hand, a nice compromise when it comes to going to the shops to buy 4oz of pipe baccy and a new flat cap would be The Tangerine Dream!!!
Chris PTM

Jon Ison

posted on 17/9/02 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
totaly unbiased opinion here,

James "hicost" was quicker than mime at donnington, not sure how we would do on the 0-60 dash pretty close i would assume, but james definatly had more grunt out of high speed corners.
I noticed my speed was quicker down craner, (bit twisty) than James, but slower down the main straight, only 5 or so mph in it though.

I would have thought in speed terms the fastest true Locost as to go to James.....

unless of course you know different....

oh one last point, we was lapping porch 911's, not passing, lapping so there's an indication of the nimbleness and speeds involved.....

Jon Ison

posted on 17/9/02 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
din't mention the tyres did i.......

those at donnington will tell you the tyres i had on must have cost me at least 4-5 secs a lap, but hey, sliding around is all part of the fun.......

stephen_gusterson

posted on 17/9/02 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I missed yet another kit car show cos I was at Corby - the Rockingham Motor Speedway - watching 2.65 litre turbo CART car lapping at 214 mph.............but not exactly locost either!

Thats a LAP speed - not a peak top speed BTW

atb

steve

john_s

posted on 17/9/02 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I missed yet another kit car show cos I was at Corby - the Rockingham Motor Speedway - watching 2.65 litre turbo CART car lapping at 214 mph

That's no excuse!... I went to Rockingham on friday and saturday, then to Donnington on sunday on the way back from Northants.
quote:
...but not exactly locost either!

There's locost spirit in there though... compare what you paid for your ticket for Rockingham to what it costs for tickets to the British GP.... £30 for friday and raceday tickets from £40 with a grandstand seat, and then also consider that from the grandstands you can see the cars for almost all of the lap.

It was much more open that F1 too... the drivers and team members were largely willing to have a quick chat in the paddock on friday.

All in all, a good weekend out!

John.

--
John Singleton

paulbeyer

posted on 17/9/02 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
On the other hand, a nice compromise when it comes to going to the shops to buy 4oz of pipe baccy and a new flat cap would be The Tangerine Dream!!!
Chris PTM

Hi Chris

I didn't get the chance to sample the Isonblade or the Hicost NOS rocket at Donnington but had a hell of a ride in the Margarine Dream. My slippers are warming gently on the BBQ in anticipation of our next get together.

You can't beat a good old cast iron Ford lump for that nostalgic trip down memory lane.

locodude

posted on 17/9/02 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
There speaks a man of taste who knows quality when it nearly kills him! First roundabout - oops! Got round it though!
Chris PTM

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.