Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Weber or Dellortos
Big Stu

posted on 18/9/02 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Weber or Dellortos

Quick question, what are better for fast road tuning. Twin 40 Weber, or Dellortos and what is a reasonable price for a working item.

Cheers

Jon Ison

posted on 18/9/02 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
IMO Dellorto's, it is said they atomise the fuel better........ trouble is unless you can drive a car with them on B4 you buy you never quite know if there any good....

I would pay up to £200 for a pair on an inlet with good filters, ram pipes and linkage.

Roeland Uitslager

posted on 18/9/02 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'd go for the Dell'Orto's by heart and Webers by head. Parts are more easy to obtain for Webers. What ever you do don't go for the Solex's. In my younger days I used to own a lot of Alfa Romeo's. If they had Solex's the first thing I did was look for a decent set of Dell'Orto's and swap them.

Why the heart bit you might think, I have a subjective feeling that they sound better, but that might just be my hearing.

locodude

posted on 18/9/02 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
£150-200 a pair depending on condition. Parts for Dellortos easily obtainable from Eurocarb http://www.dellorto.com
Chris PTM

johnston

posted on 18/9/02 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
i've been told that the accelorater pump on dellorto's is better i.e doesnt give you that "cough" that webbers give when you nail it

also in my experiance dellortos are a wee bit smoother with the power as u step on the loud pedal but that could be down to whoever jetted then.

paulf

posted on 21/9/02 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just been clearing my garage and remebered that i had got an alfa 2.0 twincam stashed away, Ive checked the carbs and found them to be dellortos.
I have heard that there is some peculiarity with the set up of alfa carbs that means they will not fit straight to a ford engine but cant remember what it is, obviously they will need to be rejeted to suit the engine in my case a 1600 crossflow. Has anyone an idea of how much this is likely to cost and could i just buy and fit the jets rather than having to get it rolling roaded straight away?.
Paul

quote:
I'd go for the Dell'Orto's by heart and Webers by head. Parts are more easy to obtain for Webers. What ever you do don't go for the Solex's. In my younger days I used to own a lot of Alfa Romeo's. If they had Solex's the first thing I did was look for a decent set of Dell'Orto's and swap them.

Why the heart bit you might think, I have a subjective feeling that they sound better, but that might just be my hearing.

locost7-online.com

posted on 23/9/02 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
I work at www.rollingroadtune.co.uk in reading, we see loads of webers and dellortos, when they are set up they are both good, we carry a full stock of jets and eurocarb is just around the corner to back us up with the parts we aint got.

john

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.