Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 clutch issues
Millworm

posted on 14/1/16 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
Type 9 clutch issues

So after a thousand or so trouble free(ish) zetec powered miles ive finally had enough of the crap clutch so... my zetec sierra running std type 9 has a new clutch 2.0 mondeo with the cct303 release bearing. It slips whenever I try to do a burnout and has never felt 100% since the conversion. Is it possible it's the clutch ratchet or is it time to pull the box off? Hoping it may be the dreaded ratchet but have a felling its not lol. Maybe bite the bullet and get the re drilled pinto flywheel if it's the case? The clutch defiantly feels diffrent to what it felt like in the pinto, and not in a good way. Car is very lurchey and stiff to get into gear as if the clutch is never all the way off.
nick205

posted on 14/1/16 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Can't help with your specific issue, but a poor clutch can be a PITA to drive with.

On my Pinto / T9 Indy I fitted a new clutch during the build. One thought I always had was to have fitted a hydraulic clutch to replace the cable operated one - I never did it though.

If you get as far as taking it apart it may be worth considering as it makes for an easier IMHO drive afterwards.

SJ

posted on 14/1/16 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a standard 1.8 CVH fly and clutch with a Capri cable in my MK Zetec and the clutch is great, but the car is way lighter than a Sierra so can't really compare.
MattD

posted on 14/1/16 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=202089

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.