Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: An IDEA i need advice .
deep blue

posted on 6/8/17 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
An IDEA i need advice .

The problem. I know its a car forum but many use bike engines and may have encountered similar problems with the CVK carburettors so i thought i would ask the question here. Have a much modified Kawasaki In what i suppose could be described loosely as a bobber.
Hard tail and the look have this bike minus its original factory airbox and filler. Installing pod fillets had it stumbling low and mid range as the stock KK CVK 34s were unable to function properly in stock tune with out the factory air box.
I have changed jets both pilot and main different needles and adjustments via shims under the needles drilling the vacuum port in the slide which have had the bike running but with the CV carbs run on open pods any kind of running will be by effectively flooding the engine with over rich mixture, creating other problems and poor economy.
With less rich pilot and main jets close to stock the pods can be restricted helping with the situation but its again just choking to get running the stock set up with its designed capacity and intake tract maintains the pressure where it needs to be far more effectively.

So if you have not gone to sleep yet, here is my idea. Restriction inside the pods do work, but i thought about a Ball on a spindle inside the pod set to partially obstruct the pods exit right next to the carbs intake, use of internal tube in the pods showed too much restriction a bell moth end to the tube i feel could have helped, but use of this ball idea will restrict as much as you need yet its shape flow air much better than a tube and if set right could be what is needed to get the right pressure frequency needed.
Now i am not very clued up on science details mathematical equations etc, and this is why i am asking the quesstion here where i feel i might get some good answers. Is this idea feasible or dare i say practical or is it fatally flawed from the off?

[Edited on 6/8/17 by deep blue]

r1_pete

posted on 6/8/17 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Try plugging the air corrector port, the middle one, see pic below, it often cures low throttle progression issues.

Rescued attachment DSC00598.jpg

[Edited on 6/8/17 by r1_pete]

[Edited on 6/8/17 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
avagolen

posted on 6/8/17 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Pete,

Your picture is not showing. something to do with a 'pig' maybe.... and no closing square bracket.

[pg]65972[/pig

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

big_wasa

posted on 6/8/17 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Try plugging the air corrector port, the middle one, see pic below, it often cures low throttlerogression issues.

deep blue

posted on 6/8/17 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you for the input R1 and others, that is one bit of advice i did not pick up from the bike forums, anyone any thoughts on my ball restriction idea?
I hate the idea of blocking off part of the filter pod it seems a huge potential compromise just to have the luxury of running the CVK 34 carbs. the ball seemed like a way of creating a resistance to the flow without causing too many flow turbulence which these CV carbs with no oil damping seem to hate.

ReMan

posted on 8/8/17 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
Soused my ignorance again, but wtf are pod fillets?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

hkp57

posted on 8/8/17 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Soused my ignorance again, but wtf are pod fillets?

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.