Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Removing XFlow fan
Willie

posted on 25/10/02 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Removing XFlow fan

Howdy guys,

I'm in the middle of painting bits on my locost, and as I no longer need the fan on the engine, I decided to take it off. Hmmmm.

I didn't want to brute it off and maybe wreck something or other, so can anyone tell me how it's done? Take reel spring off, then pull fan off? It's on a 1300xflow btw, would say they're all the same though.

Thanks in advace,

Willie

theconrodkid

posted on 25/10/02 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
there is a big nut,32 or 36 mm,usualy left hand thread,just undoo that,a long sharp punch ususaly works if you dont have the spanner.
Willie

posted on 25/10/02 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, thanks. I saw it...but didn't think it was for the fan. Think I remember the nicks in it for lh thread now you mention it. Thanks alot.

Willie

Willie

posted on 26/10/02 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Flip that thing is tight. Just curious, what way did you stop the whole lot from turning? I'm having a bit of bother loosing this sod, and it doesn't help when the whole carry on turns. Been clamping up with vice grips, g cramps the works and the baste isn't moving.

Willie

"Where'd you put that sledge?"

theconrodkid

posted on 26/10/02 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
if you still got the fan belt on it gives a bit of resistance and allows a good whack with your sledge and foot long pointed chisel to un doo it!
Willie

posted on 26/10/02 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Okydoke. I had the vice grips and things holding the pully pretty well...guess I just didn't give her a big enough whack. I'll get her a guddun' on monday then. Hope it's definetly a left hand thread!

Thanks again for your help. Got a fair bit of the engine painted today, same paint at CJ's Xflow (Dark Blue and Silver), it looks great in his pics, http://www.bitza-racing.co.uk but when you actually see it...fair transforms an old rusty xflow.

Willie

theconrodkid

posted on 27/10/02 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
you must owe me brecky by now,all this usless info i keep giving ya
Peteff

posted on 27/10/02 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Give it some hump and then when you've broken the thing go out and buy a new pump and get the nut off by trapping the impeller in the vice. That's what usually happens to me. I got one for my pinto engine and it was half the weight of the original and only cost £12.

yours, Pete

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.