Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec to Type 9 info
AGDigital

posted on 20/7/02 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec to Type 9 info

Has anyone got any info about connecting a type 9 gearbox to the ford zetec engine? do i need a back plate between the engine and gearbox?

Thanks for your help.

Andy

chrisg

posted on 20/7/02 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
Try my website:-

http://www.gibbs111.fsnet.co.uk

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

chrisg

posted on 20/7/02 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
On Build tips>engine

Sorry!!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

johnston

posted on 20/7/02 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
do all fords not use the same bolt pattern apart from th v6s
Fatboy Dave

posted on 21/7/02 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
They do, including the V6 ISTR

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

johnston

posted on 21/7/02 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
istr??????
Fatboy Dave

posted on 21/7/02 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
I Seem To Remember

Dave

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

AGDigital

posted on 21/7/02 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Where's the best place to get the Q’Hazel parts from?
Fatboy Dave

posted on 21/7/02 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Partco, Autella, Brown Bros. All carry these bits. Halfords used to, but it's all badged as their own stuff now (still made by Quniton Hazel).

Dave

AGDigital

posted on 22/7/02 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you for the info....

I've found that the cluch parts needed are from a Mondao 1.6 zetec. and the starter motor is from a ford sierra 2.0 DOHC. Does all this sound about right??? Whats the Clutch release bearing from? all the other bits i'am fine about.

Thank you all...

chrisg

posted on 22/7/02 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote

Clutch release bearing Q’Hazel CCT 133.

/quote

Cheers

Chris

johnston

posted on 22/7/02 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
qh is good with the no quibble warrenty but the clutches can b heavy luk is dearer but better

also qh alsop sell 2 different #"makes" of bearings the cheaper 1's com in green purple and black boxs and prt no. starts vkr and most probbly made oin same factory (we dont get any more warrentys bac anyway)

and moprod is the same stuff in a different box and in my experiance moprod is usually sold cheaper

we also tend to get more vrake discs back than any other make we sell brembo and adl blue print (jap stuff)

StuartA

posted on 25/7/02 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
ACDigital, have you sourced your engine mounts yet? We have been looking into mounting a Zetec 1.8 in our Locost for a while now, but are having trouble finding any mounts. We have been left with the option of manufacturing our own, but have a severe lack of welding skills!! Any info on this?
AGDigital

posted on 25/7/02 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
W***field. Thats where i got mine from. Also had problems getting Clutch release bearing (Q’Hazel CCT 133) Q'Hazel only do compleat clutch's. so had to get ford's own. I've found out it's from a sierra 1.6L with 4 speed type E box. Going to fit it tonight.

Andy

David Jenkins

posted on 25/7/02 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
For future info:

Places like Burton Engineering, Rally Design and others sell separate release bearings, clutch plates and covers.

It's what I did (from Burtons).

Cheers,

David

johnston

posted on 25/7/02 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
who ever told you qh are only doin complete kits was talkin rubbish cos we got a couple of realse bearins and a couple of friction plates in last weeks order from qh
stephen_gusterson

posted on 25/7/02 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
who ever told you qh are only doin complete kits was talkin rubbish cos we got a couple of realse bearins and a couple of friction plates in last weeks order from qh

when i replaced my clutch i tried 3 places - all would only sell a complete clutch - all i wanted was friction and release bearing. There are places that will, just not where I tried.

About 100 quid all up for a type 9 to ford v6 cologne - not nice!

atb

steve

johnston

posted on 26/7/02 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
one of the many advantages of workin for a mtr factors can source almost nethin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.