Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wiring up 5vy R1 clocks, help needed...!
foes

posted on 19/1/09 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Wiring up 5vy R1 clocks, help needed...!

Right i've got an 04/05 r1 engine in my locost and am trying to wire in the standard r1 clocks, the only problem being when i started building the car (2 years ago) i had decided i was fitting a digidash and the lighting side of it was being taken care of by the stuart taylor supplied loom, so, i stripped back the r1 loom to the bare minimum, enough to run the engine basically.

i've since decided i'm fitting the r1 clocks and received a set off malc today,i'm also fitting an exup bypass module to prevent the fault code. Now from my wiring diagram i've worked out the permanent live (red/green on plug b) switched live (red/white on plug a) and earth (black/white), i've powered the loom up and the clocks work, the rev counter does a full sweep, but the oil lght and fuel light are flashing alternately, and the check engine light is also on (could be because i haven't spliced the exup module in yet..?)
According to my wiring diagram there are only 2 wires connected to the clocks from the ecu a yellow/blue and a yellow/black (both plug b), the yellow/blue wire i have reconnected but its the yellow/black one i'm struggling with, i have two chopped of ends at the ecu! one should go to the clocks and one to the headlight relay (so the headlights only come on if the engine is running maybe???)
So has anybody got an ecu pinout so i know which yellow/black goes to the clocks?

Also how can the clocks get enough info from just 2 signal wires from the ecu, eg revs/speed/water temp etc, and which wire is which?

Also how do i go about getting the backlight to work as i've stripped out the lighting side of the loom?

Any help would be very much appreciated

foes

posted on 19/1/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
Carl, the yellow black goes from pin 29 on the ecu to the clocks

To get the clocks to light up, you need a switched live on the royal blue wire, can be ign live as per the bike or switched by the sidelights it's up to you.

Chris

wow, awesome chris, thanks

Wes

posted on 13/11/15 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'm currently waiting the same clocks up and have the same problem.

Do you know what pin numbers the live/earth wires go to on the clocks to get them powered up?

Cheers

adithorp

posted on 14/11/15 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Do you have the clock loom?

From the wire colours in that I can tell you what does what but I only have the pin numbers for the connection from that to the main loom, not the pin numbers for the back of the clock plug.... well not without pulling my dash panel out.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.