Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tuning a Fireblade engine
Jim

posted on 26/7/02 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Tuning a Fireblade engine

Does any one know a good local place to get a Honda Fireblade engine tuned. I have been down to TTS in silverstone but it is a very long way to drive to get the mixture altered after my recent fiddles.
Jon Ison

posted on 26/7/02 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
i will have a word with a man that can, it will mean bringing your motor over to Chesterfied, the ride back will be a blast though......
jimmy

posted on 26/7/02 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Jim,
I don't know where you are based but holeshot racing at Rodley Leeds do a good job ,but I hope you have a fat wallet?
If it is just the mixture that wants setting get a haynes manual,it will give you the pilot settings so many turns out.
Also the needle heights usually middle slot on each carb.
P.S Try to run standard are box, not K&N's and dynojet kit as in my opinion there not worth the dosh for the power gain (ruin bottom end).
Save your money for wiseco piston kit ,flowed head etc (150 bhp loads more Torque).

Jon Ison

posted on 26/7/02 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
150bhp???, loads a people on hear tell me my 158bhp is a pipe dream.....i know different....
locodude

posted on 26/7/02 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
That aimed at me Blade Boy?
Chris PTM

Jon Ison

posted on 26/7/02 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
as if....... the guys just talkin my kinda numbers....

Jim

posted on 26/7/02 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
I am from the sheffield area. So either the leeds or chesterfield people willbe OK. I wish you had not said that about the dynojet kit. At TTS I had one fitted and one of their air filters. Only went down there after seeing advert in CCC. I had a fat wallet before I went to TTS, 300 for Dynojet, Filter and Setup. It did run a lot better afterwards though, 106 bhp at back wheels instead of approx 40. IT was really crap beforehand, started to think it was a bad idea having bike engine but then on the private road near my house it was slightly better

James

jimmy

posted on 27/7/02 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry Jim,
The trouble with motorcycle engines are that the manufacturers claims on power are misleading.
Power claims are usually at the crank and in an optimum test environment,so a claim of 150 bhp (bearing in mind one engine can vary to another even though they are the same)once that power has gone through the transmission and its a baking hot summers day I bet your looking at 95-100 bhp at rear wheels.
I have a GSXR 750 fitted with Dynojet and K&N's with official 98bhp at back wheel.
I notice that on a cool cloudy day its crispier on the throttle and feels to have a lot more poke,but when its a baking hot day it feels wooley and flat and the hotter it gets the worse it gets.
Also with seperate filters you must keep them coated with air filter oil to restrict the flow and also trap dirt,I once washed my filters with degreaser and didn't re-oil them and the bike wouldn't run above 3,000rpm be warned!

Jon Ison

posted on 27/7/02 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
cold air ???? now where have i seen that mention'd on here.......
johnston

posted on 27/7/02 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
always wondered would an intercooler make any diff to a normally aspirated car???????

any1 no of any bac to bac dyno tests??

Jon Ison

posted on 27/7/02 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
all i can say on the subject is i am currently going to great lengths to get a large supply off cool air ducted from infront of the radiator to my air box B4 the NOS is fitted.....

interestedparty

posted on 27/7/02 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
An intercooler only removes the heat added by a compressor, it can't cool air below the aambient temperature

John

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.