Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can you identify the hydraulic fitting?
garyo

posted on 27/3/09 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Can you identify the hydraulic fitting?

I'm trying to figure out what I need to buy to connect my 'new' clutch slave cylinder to my 'old' braided hose.

The slave (pic 1) is MGF and the OD of the male thread going into the cylinder is 12mm.

The ID of the fitting on the end of the braided hose that comes from the master cylinder is ~9.5mm and I also have a fitting that screws to the end of this to change it to a slightly larger fitting.

Anyone recognise what I need?

MasterCyl
MasterCyl

Fittings
Fittings

NS Dev

posted on 27/3/09 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
guessing here as I can't really tell without having them to hand, BUT, the circa 9.5mm "old" fitting will almost certainly be either 3/8" UNF or M10 x 1, you need to emasure the OD of the bit that screwed into it to know for sure, and the newer MGF cylinder will almost certainly be M12 x 1, so you need a 3/8" unf or M10 x 1 to m12 x 1, male to male adaptor.........

not the easiest to come by but I did get one for my setup (saab slave cyl) but the place I got it from has shut!

[Edited on 27/3/09 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

garyo

posted on 27/3/09 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers NS. I'll go remeasure tonight and report back.
NS Dev

posted on 27/3/09 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
just had a look and either way, Think Automotive do them,

You want either a -3JIC to M12x1 adaptor or a m10x1 to m12x1 adaptor, depending on whether the bit you need to measure is 10mm or 9 and a bit mm!

(ps -3JIC is same thread as 3/8UNF, its american hydraulic thread used a lot inmotorsport and the 3 stands for 3 16ths of an inch, but that's the pipe bore, the thread is 3/8ths.........)

Either way its £4.56

[Edited on 27/3/09 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

DarrenW

posted on 27/3/09 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
My local motorfactors can get hoses made up with any fittings on the ends. They get them from a place called Linden Hose, i seem to recall they may be national. If not look for hydraulic hose manufacturers in yellow pages. Most of these places have a walk in trade counter. They will regularly make hoses up for JCB's and tractors etc.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.