Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VDO Speedo sensor
albertz

posted on 11/5/09 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
VDO Speedo sensor

I am trying to get my electronic speedo (VDO) working again. Unfortunately it appears that the sensor and magnets on the propshaft have collided or something, because the sensor is quite mangled and it is not working!

I have been trying to track down the same sensor again, but cannot find any paperwork for it from the original purchase. The sensor is rectangular about 25mm long, by 20mm wide by about 4/5mm deep. The sensor and magnets were sold as a kit and included 4 magnets with clips to allow a cable tie to be passed through the magnets onto the propshaft. I could really do with getting the same sensor again, as the bracket is welded in position and to get back to it would be a really tricky job with the tunnel boxed in etc.

I have spoken to Green gauges this morning, but their sensors are different shape altogether.

Any ideas on who else does these sensors and what type mine might be?

Guinness

posted on 11/5/09 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Try Merlin Motorsport.

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/INSTRUMENTS-/-GAUGES-VDO-VDO-Senders/c1_2_4/index.html?page=1

HTH

Mike

albertz

posted on 11/5/09 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, i have ordered a sensor from Merlin.

I was hoping to find the exact replacement to save me having to modify the brackets, but will just have to get on with it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.