Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locostbuilders contribution
02GF74

posted on 17/6/09 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Locostbuilders contribution

Dear Locoster,

Our records show that your contribution to the upkeep of this website has lapsed.

Please call 0775 1945725 with your debit or credit card for details for immediate payment for your continued use of this wonderful site.

Failure to pay within 48 hours will mean another kitty avatar is drowned.

Thanking you for your support.

The administrator.

well, it's worth a try, innit?

[Edited on 17/6/09 by 02GF74]

roadrunner

posted on 17/6/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote

blakep82

posted on 17/6/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
awwww my choosy only became my avatar today
surely they wouldn't do that to her

wait a minute! there's a number missing out that phone number! its not yours with a digit missing is it?!
oh, no all the numbers are there, just in a different place than i expected

[Edited on 17/6/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Keith Weiland

posted on 17/6/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
I would gladly contribute again if someone would take thier thumbs out and update the forum to something from this decade. XMB is rubbish Forum software. even PHPBB would be a massive improvement.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 17/6/09 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Keith Weiland
I would gladly contribute again if someone would take thier thumbs out and update the forum to something from this decade. XMB is rubbish Forum software. even PHPBB would be a massive improvement.

get writing and updating then! remember chris has other things he needs to do besides this site.

[Edited on 17/6/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

MakeEverything

posted on 17/6/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
I imagine the biggest challenge would be to migrate all of the information across to the new forum?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

omega0684

posted on 17/6/09 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

dont let fozzie hear you say that

i wonder who's mobile that is? how many of you are going to ring it?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mads

posted on 17/6/09 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
I imagine the biggest challenge would be to migrate all of the information across to the new forum?

Yeah, probably the biggest issue. Would need the site to go down for atleast half a day while it is done I imagine, and no new info is added to the database. It'll get done eventually I would think. Just a case of being patient and waiting

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Fozzie

posted on 17/6/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Keith.........the post is from 02GF74......having a joke/laugh.........

Yes the site is dated.......but has less running problems than other sites (given the vast member base)....... of which I am also 'admin' on......

I cannot say when the new site will actually be here, but bear in mind that it is being done (by ChrisW) in his spare time.........and yes there will be a lot to 'shift' over........and it will take time.....

Perhaps some will say that the nature of this 'joke' thread is in bad taste as some are taking it seriously?

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

prawnabie

posted on 17/6/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
How long before the bandwagon arrives lol
Nash

posted on 17/6/09 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Well I like the site. It does what it says on the tin.

What is the new site bringing to the party that will make our lives easier / better?

For me its about content and this site is great for content.

IMHO.........Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

ashg

posted on 17/6/09 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
if it anint broke and all that. i run a phpbb forum for another club and its flakey and requires a fair bit of maintainance to keep it running well. there are also loads of mods you have to do to get rid of the peskey bots that keep signing up to post crappy adverts.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

flak monkey

posted on 18/6/09 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
http://devel.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/

Moving slowly though

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

02GF74

posted on 18/6/09 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
it is not a joke, it is for real, and definitely not a phishing attempt.

so far I have purchased 3 Sony digital SLR, 7 metallica boc sets and a Dell laptop so please keep contributing

Only two kittys have been drowned due to non payment so no pressure.

I have no problems with the site - dated hmmmmm.... never thought of that - do pelpe say that coz they see it all the time or? but no better/worse appearance than other sites.

At least this one if farly fast.

hughpinder

posted on 18/6/09 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
I like the site how it is. Its the people that post on it and the content thats important to me

Hugh

r1_pete

posted on 18/6/09 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hughpinder
I like the site how it is. Its the people that post on it and the content thats important to me

Hugh

I agree, why change something that works, unless the software is going or gone out of support another vote here to leave it as it is.

Agriv8

posted on 18/6/09 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
What is more important contenet or presentation ? I know which I would choose any day of the week.

TTFN

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Bluemoon

posted on 18/6/09 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
The only thing i would like to change on the site is the search... It's pants!

Dan

omega0684

posted on 18/6/09 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
http://devel.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/

Moving slowly though

this makes my eyes go all funny!

Sporty

posted on 18/6/09 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
As far as the way the site works it seems fine to me the information contained is invaluable when doing anything on the car.

One thing that strikes me though is that why do we just pay the fee at the start. I'm sure all of is gets at least £5 worth of value out of it each year and the site needs maintaining so why don't we pay a fee each year, just a thought.

Ian

02GF74

posted on 18/6/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
What is more important contenet or presentation ? I know which I would choose any day of the week.

I think I know which one you meant but I also do not think you have thought it through.

for example, which would you choose to go out and be seen with in pizzer hut:

1. presentation (bimbo)

2. content (very clever professor)

Agriv8

posted on 18/6/09 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Neither as I cant afford the devorce

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

scootz

posted on 18/6/09 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Noooo... leave well alone - it takes me months to catch up with new forum technologies!

Old Skool Rools

Keith Weiland

posted on 18/6/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I realise the site is run and modded voluntarily but its not terribly difficult to upgrade a forum and the latest XMB isn't too bad but there are converters available if it is desired to migrate to new software. God forbid someone suggest trying to keep up with technology.

To all those who say content and community are more important than function, that is true but content, community and function is better still. The content and community is already here so updating the site is what provides the function. Things like Inline link creation with auto highlighting make posting useful content so much easier.

Keith Weiland

posted on 18/6/09 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8

I think I know which one you meant but I also do not think you have thought it through.

for example, which would you choose to go out and be seen with in pizzer hut:

1. presentation (bimbo)

2. content (very clever professor)

Definately Number 2, Number 1 has no content or presentation and frankly makes me gag a little.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.