Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cambridge Audio / Sonos
albertz

posted on 2/7/09 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Cambridge Audio / Sonos

I currently have a cat5e network running all throughout my house, all coming back to a central cupboard. At the moment i just use the network for internet and phone connections. It has always been my intention to connect up a proper sound system.

Anyway i have been doing some work on this and Richer Sounds have designed the following system for me.

Basically they plan to use a Cambridge Audio AH10 audio hub in the cat5e cupboard, where my sky+box is also located. The sky would be connected in as a source as well as a Sonos Zone Player 90. The zone player would be receiving a wireless signal from a Sonos Zone Bridge which is connected to my PC in the study (where all my mp3s are stored).

From the AH10 hub the sources would be distributed all across the house using the network cabling. Each room would be fitted with a 'Local input module' which basically allows connection of a TV and iPod dock, from there the sources available would be linked to an amplified wall plate which is connected to ceiling mounted speakers.

Then to complete the system i would have a Sonos control pad which can be taken to any room and feeds back to the PC via the wireless system to the nearest keypad and eventually back to the PC over the cat5e network.

As i understand this will allow me to listen to any music of my PC or and iPod in any room and even control different music in different rooms etc.

This does exactly what i want - unless you know differently!? - but costs a fortune for all the equipment.

Bearing in mind i already have the cat5e network, but no installed speakers (yet), can you suggest an alternative system that might be cheaper, better, more stable etc etc?

Any advice or recommendations gratefully received as, although i have just typed all the above, i still dont know much about it all! Thanks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.