Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover v8 to ford MT75 box adaptor plate
tboneportly

posted on 8/10/09 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Rover v8 to ford MT75 box adaptor plate

Hiya

anyone know if this is a readily available thing? or am I going to be messing around with finding a rover box and adapting the propshaft...... I'm stuck with a cortina rear axle unfortunately

could always go type 9 with the box if necessary

would be nice is there was an off the shelf adaptor plate or bellhousing, but I'm not holding my breath

cheers

Terry

AdamR

posted on 8/10/09 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've never heard of an MT75 or Type 9 being used with a Rover V8. The two most common options are:

1) Rover LT77 or R380. Easy to find, cheap, bolt straight on. Maybe a little weak for big power engines, depending who you speak to.

2) Borg Warner T5, as used in Sierra Cosworth, TVRs and loads of US models such as Mustangs etc. For these, you either need to find a TVR bellhousing (sometimes come up on eBay and at TVR breakers), use a Rover V8 auto bellhousing with an adaptor plate, or buy a new bellhousing from JE Developments.

I've gone the T5, auto bellhousing + adaptor plate route. Not sure who made the adaptor plate of if they are still available I'm afraid.

HTH

Dingz

posted on 8/10/09 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
There is at least one robin hood with a rover 3.9 and type 9 box. not sure what the adaptor is presumably just a bell housing, could try to find out for you. 240bhp btw.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

tboneportly

posted on 9/10/09 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
that would be great if you could, otherwise I'll go with the rover box and get the prop modified I think

cheers

Terry

gazza285

posted on 9/10/09 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
I had one made out of 10mm plate, sold it to Graceland for a tenner.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
seventhheaven

posted on 18/10/11 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
If it's any help............
I've been working on coverting the Rover V8 to the MT75 (4x4 in my case) and unfortunately it's not as simple as an adaptor plate. If it was I'd be using one.

I am using a BW35 automatic bellhousing from an early P5. I'm cutting off the bellhousing from the front of the MT75, welding on an adaptor plate and bolting on the BW35 bellhousing. I'll still have to work out the clutch cable outlet.

Watch my progress at http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/blog/rover-v8-mt75-adaptor-a56.htmlhttp://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/blog/rover-v8-mt75-adaptor-a56.htmlhttp://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/blog/rover-v8-mt75-adaptor-a56.html />
Check the rest of the blog for regular updates.

4wd 3.9 Rover V8 Locost 7 - Super 7th Heaven

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.