Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Balancing Bike carbs using slide type balancer?
FASTdan

posted on 28/11/09 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Balancing Bike carbs using slide type balancer?

We've just fitted ZX9R carbs to our pinto, but we have the balancer with the 4 pipes + slides. Looking around I cant see any taps into the carbs where these could be fitted. And also looking on ZX forums I've seen diagrams indicating that the balancer would need connecting to the head.

Has anyone successfully used one of these balancers on bike carbs? I know you can get the alternative 'plug in' type balancer that bungs the trumpet - could you perhaps adapt our type of balancer to do this job?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jacko

posted on 28/11/09 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
I had to put a vacuum pipe on each manifold runner for a balances
or you can use a balance gauge that fits where the air filter goes on the carb mouth
Jacko
painted manifold
painted manifold

The 4 bolts are were the vacuum pipes fit

[Edited on 28/11/09 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RAYLEE29

posted on 28/11/09 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, you need to drill and tap 5mm holes in the manfold runners to use proper gauges to balance the carbs so you can prob do the same with your slide things
Ray

whitestu

posted on 28/11/09 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
On most bikes the connection for the balancer is on the rubber inlets, not the carbs.

It is common enough to use needles to pierce the rubber on bikes that don't have take offs in order to tap in to get a vacuum reading [morgantune kits come with these], but I wouldn't do it personally.

Stu

FASTdan

posted on 28/11/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
On most bikes the connection for the balancer is on the rubber inlets, not the carbs.

It is common enough to use needles to pierce the rubber on bikes that don't have take offs in order to tap in to get a vacuum reading [morgantune kits come with these], but I wouldn't do it personally.

Stu

Not a bad idea I suppose - if you were to have a spare set of rubbers for balancing only?

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
whitestu

posted on 29/11/09 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Not a bad idea I suppose - if you were to have a spare set of rubbers for balancing only?

Seems like a good idea to me.

I think I've got some of the needles you can borrow if you want to have a go.

Stu

FASTdan

posted on 30/11/09 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Seems like a good idea to me.

I think I've got some of the needles you can borrow if you want to have a go.

Stu

Thanks for the offer mate will keep it in mind, as im not sure if we'll bother setting them up on the pinto as this was only really a test before we use them on our duratec. Once thats in though we will need to balance them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.