Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Questions
albertz

posted on 30/12/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Questions

Hello All and Season Greetings

I have a 2.0l blacktop Zetec engine, running with the Griffin 'Total Ford Systems' inlet system and an Omex 600 ECU. I am having problems with it running rich, therefore stripped it down today.

I have a couple of quick questions;

What is the sensor screwed into the cylinder head immediately below the inlet manifold? Mine is connected to nothing, obviously it must have a purpose!?

Should the fuel regulator on the injector rail be upstream or downstream of the injectors? I think i know the answer to this and maybe the cause of my problem, confirmation would be good though!?

Hopefully these are two simple to answer questions and i apologise if they have been answered before.

Andrew

r1_pete

posted on 30/12/09 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
The sensor is a head casting temperature sensor, it does not project into the water jacket.

Normally the pressure regulator is downstream of the injectors, returning to the tank, ensuring full pressure at the injectors

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
albertz

posted on 30/12/09 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping that the regulator was supposed to be before the injectors and that my engine was running too rich as a result of the regulator being in the wrong place! Back to the drawing board!

With regards to the sensor, does it need to be connected? what would the likely symptoms of it not being connected be?

Thanks

coozer

posted on 30/12/09 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Have you got a picture of the sensor under the inlet? I've never seen one on zetec before.

It may be knock sensor, is it in the head on on the block?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

snakebelly

posted on 30/12/09 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
is it the one at the front of the head just below the manifold? if so its not required, just cut the wire off, it an oe only sensor and not required.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.