Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Echidna RANT!! (AKA KitCarbon)
corrado vr6

posted on 7/7/10 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Echidna RANT!! (AKA KitCarbon)

Hi to all, Ok I hate having to do this, but i feel enough is enough and if it saves anonther member from months of waiting then itll be worth it!!

I first made contact with Echidna (aka Kitcarbon) on the 12/5/09 for a carbon areoscreen and carbon front cycle wings for my MK Indy, I sent my MK Wings to Greece to be used as moulds for new carbon ones.
I finally recieved my areoscreen after many, many emails on the 12/12/09 i know from messages that he had problems from suppliers but even when the areoscreen turned up i was very dissapointed with the quality the cleacoat was very poor with lumps all over!

I have since asked for a replacement which was settled ok and was told i would be sent another along with my cycle wings, well i waited.... and waited... and eventually told him to forget it as im approaching IVA and asked him to send back my wings.

Well since then he reads my U2u's first asking for my wings back and then demanding for my wings back, he reads my messages but never replys. I Wonder why?? I know some people have had good experiences with him but if i was you and was thinking of using him steer well clear!!!

I must add thankfully no money has changed hands but i do seem to remember the wings that he has being quite expensive!

Oh and Echidna if you read this please return my wings!!!

Anyone else had problems with this guy? I apoligise to the mods if this isnt right to do this and i hope i dont get kicked off for doing so, but i dont feel its right that a member should get away with this
Greg

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 8/7/10 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
sorry to hear of your woes.

He probably went bankrupt.... oh sorry that's the country as a whole, not just one greasy greek.....

(please note as a born and bred "charlie" i feel i am qualified to say that) those that know what a charlie is will know what i am on about and no we don't me a "a right charlie" before some smart alec pipes up.

shaun megablade

posted on 8/7/10 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
hi,i had the same sort of problem with him.

i ordered an aeroscreen and i waited and i waited,he would not answer my emails,
I paid £115 to him and still to this day i dont have one,i ordered last october!!!

what an arse!!

MakeEverything

posted on 8/7/10 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
There was a time when he used to frequent the forum touting his new pedal boxes etc, and he seemed ok then.

Maybe an organised run out to greece in the cars mob handed is in order?!?!?!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

fesycresy

posted on 8/7/10 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
He's online at this very moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

x_flow57

posted on 8/7/10 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Similar problem here, I bought and paid for a pedal set which turned up in reasonable time and looked very nice.
Unfortunately 1st time I moved the car the clutch pedal bent to the side, far enough to touch the brake pedal.
I made contact and he said he would send a stronger replacement which despite emails and pms I have still not received.
As SVA was looming I modified the pedals myself and have had to put it down to experience.
My advice AVOID.
Nick.

BenB

posted on 8/7/10 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Not good by the sounds of it
spdpug98

posted on 8/7/10 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Greg

Gutted to hear this, I nearly ordered some cabon bits from him a number of months ago - thankfully I didn't

If there was any way in which I could take my wings off and lend them to you for your IVA I would, but don't think there is any easy way and the prob have differant fixings anyway

Hope it all gets sorted

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

jossey

posted on 8/7/10 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
ye im gutted too was gonna order too.

dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
l0rd

posted on 8/7/10 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
I have been looking at your post since last night and wasn't sure if I wanted to comment on that or not.

Ohh well Here it goes

First of all, i am sorry that you have such problems with your order.

I was thinking of posting last night, thinking of a way to help you out on this (as I am Greek and his behaviour annoys me).
But, when i first joined the forum, eventually i noticed that there were a few Greek people here and i tried to get in touch with them.

After the first message, i never got a reply of them ever again. Their behaviour seems to me like Caterham and Westfield owners. (I have one because I have big Cahunnas and you shouldn't have one. We are the only ones allowed to have such a car.)

Never bothered with them again and tbh your situation is of no surprise to me.

[Edited on 8/7/10 by l0rd]

scootz

posted on 8/7/10 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank

He probably went bankrupt.... oh sorry that's the country as a whole, not just one greasy greek.....

(please note as a born and bred "charlie" i feel i am qualified to say that) those that know what a charlie is will know what i am on about and no we don't me a "a right charlie" before some smart alec pipes up.

Couldn't care less if you're a direct descendent of Alexander the Great - that comment was out of order!

It's Evolution Baby!

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 8/7/10 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank

Couldn't care less if you're a direct descendent of Alexander the Great - that comment was out of order!

scootz .....

wind yer neck in mate

scootz

posted on 8/7/10 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hector, CalvinX, or Mark, or whatever it is you're calling yourself at the moment... kiss my backside! Not too much on the left and not too much on the right... slap bang in the middle please! Thanks!

Your comment was bang out of order and that's all there is to it!

[Edited on 8/7/10 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

imp paul

posted on 8/7/10 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
haha lol
Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 8/7/10 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
kiss my backside! Not too much on the left and not too much on the right... slap bang in the middle please! Thanks!

This is a forum where children frequent too, can you please keep your deviant sexual preferences private.

scootz

posted on 8/7/10 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

l0rd

posted on 8/7/10 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Scootz just stated the obvious.

Your post was out of order and Insulting.

There might be children visiting the forum (Bad boy scootz), But there are also other ethnicities as well (so if you have other racist comments like that, keep it to yourself)

[Edited on 8/7/10 by l0rd]

scootz

posted on 8/7/10 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Me bad!

It's Evolution Baby!

Andi

posted on 8/7/10 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Keep nice everyone..
And back to the point in hand,
has Echidna got anythng to say about this or at least some assurances for the out of pocket folk?????

corrado vr6

posted on 8/7/10 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear I'm not the only one, and that some are out of pocket!

I have recieved a u2u today from Echidna saying that my wings are being prepared, and that I was very bad to start such a topic, unfortunatley I after hearing people have had similar experiences and have been left out of pocket I don't feel bad at all!! I am not going to delete this topic either even if it costs me my arches then so be it!

I would like to add that I don't like slagging off companies particuarly a new company especially in today's world but if you want your business to be sucessful then your customers need to be number one!
I hope your consiense plays on you enough to refund the guys that are out of pocket.

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

shaun megablade

posted on 9/7/10 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
very well said!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.