New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec TBs
redeye

posted on 6/12/10 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Duratec TBs

Hi all

Im installing a 2.0 duratec over the winter as plan to fit bike throttle bodies

Gsxr750 TBs seem to be the popular choice I think because they can be seperated

I was wondering if i should look out for anything in particular when buying these, do I need the electronic actuator unit that comes with the TBs or do I discard this anyway?

Also would there be a huge difference between GSXr750 and 1000 TBs in term of performance, any reason why the 1000s may not work?

what are my other options for Bike TBs? Ive read that CBR TBs are an option as they can also be seperated

Many thanks

Patrick

big-vee-twin

posted on 6/12/10 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
You need the ITB's from a GSXR 750- 2001 bike they will seperate into 4 Bodies and dont come with the electronic gizmo.

You can get an inlet manifold to do the job from fast Dan Here's mine-

Throttle Bodies on Duratec
Throttle Bodies on Duratec

[Edited on 6/12/10 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

redeye

posted on 6/12/10 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

thanks for the quick reply

Already contacted Dan about the inlet so that shouldnt be a problem.

will TBs from 2002-2003 be no good because of the electronic actuator unit? can the not just be removed?

Thanks again

big-vee-twin

posted on 6/12/10 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I think later one's split into two, twin throttle bodies rather than four individual one's thats all.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

aka_shortie

posted on 6/12/10 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
What sort of performance are we talking from the 2.0 duratec with throttle bodies? Does it have any effect on durability of the engine.

Also, is this the same engine that can be run on bike throttle bodies?

ford zetec engine brand new 2litre WITH FOC RS INJECTOR on eBay (end time 14-Dec-10 22:08:27 GMT)

They seem to be going at a good price for a brand new lump

flak monkey

posted on 6/12/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aka_shortie
What sort of performance are we talking from the 2.0 duratec with throttle bodies? Does it have any effect on durability of the engine.

Also, is this the same engine that can be run on bike throttle bodies?

ford zetec engine brand new 2litre WITH FOC RS INJECTOR on eBay (end time 14-Dec-10 22:08:27 GMT)

They seem to be going at a good price for a brand new lump

The clue is in the title, thats a Zetec. Iron block, ali head. You can get new crated ones less than that.

This is about the I4 DURATEC HE engine, aluminium block and head, chain driven cams.

Dont confuse the later Ford badging of engines though, virtually all their petrol engines are badged duratec now.

The genuine article is as I said above, and comes only in 1.8, 2.0 and 2.3 versions.

A duratec will give you 180-200bhp with throttle bodies and a good straight through exhaust. No detriment to the engine as long as its set up properly.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Nitrogeno25

posted on 8/12/10 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redeye
Hi all

Im installing a 2.0 duratec over the winter as plan to fit bike throttle bodies

Gsxr750 TBs seem to be the popular choice I think because they can be seperated

I was wondering if i should look out for anything in particular when buying these, do I need the electronic actuator unit that comes with the TBs or do I discard this anyway?

Also would there be a huge difference between GSXr750 and 1000 TBs in term of performance, any reason why the 1000s may not work?

what are my other options for Bike TBs? Ive read that CBR TBs are an option as they can also be seperated

Many thanks

Patrick

I'm the process too and was just thinking if it is really not possible to fit the oem intake?

As fo TB, how bad can it be to make an intake with 2 runners a little longer and at an angle to fit any TB without re spacing it?

Thanks!

MikeR

posted on 8/12/10 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
If i can get the sizes of the ports / find a flange i'm looking at making something that will take the gubbins from the ford manifold and make a 'kit car' manifold that fits our cars.

(also been talking about doing this for zetecs & crossflows - biggest problem at the moment is the fact the garage is so cold i can't face going in there & the g/f keeps dropping hints i should get a proper job)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.