Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dont get this
kensprin

posted on 9/3/11 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Dont get this

Bought one of these and failed. you can put you finger on the end of the fuel output. it just dont seem to have the drive pressue. my cossy cut out.

Facet Type Silver Top Competition Fuel Pump 4.0-5.50PSI on eBay (end time 04-Apr-11 15:37:50 BST)

p.s here an updated video just before the pump failed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTa4qzgCfqw

Chippy

posted on 9/3/11 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
That pump is for a carb type set up, your BOB is fuel injection so you need a pump that does three plus BAR not PSI. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

wilkingj

posted on 9/3/11 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe its not FUBAR after all... Perhaps you can check the pressure is OK (4 to 5.5PSI), and put back on Ebay, and recover some money. Then get the correct pump.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Antnicuk

posted on 9/3/11 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
have you fitted that 4 psi to your fuel injected engine?, unless i am missing something, you need a high pressure fuel pump. The pump you have is supposed to stop if you put your finger over it, a minute needle valve in a carb has to be able stop the fuel flow with that pump. I am surprised your engine ran at all with that pump as the fuel wouldnt have atomised.

Why dont you use the original pump from the doner car that supplied the engine. Alternatively, you need a reasonable high pressure pump as you should have between 40 and 45 psi at the fuel rail, not 4 - 4.5psi

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

kensprin

posted on 9/3/11 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Dang! thats where Im going wrong mixing up PSI with BAR, so thats around 40psi. Yes the engine just about ran I thought something wasnt right. Thanks lads. The guy who sold it me said it will be okay. NOT.

What Facet fuel pumpshould I go for them. I have the stock one here to use was thinking about using it but I will need todo some cutting.

Chippy, Glad your kicking out that much BHP out the boa.

Cheers guys.

MikeRJ

posted on 10/3/11 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think Facet make fuel injection pumps, at least I've never seen one. You need something like this

[Edited on 10/3/11 by MikeRJ]

coyoteboy

posted on 10/3/11 at 01:21 AM Reply With Quote
i got a bmw inline pump for £30 quid on the bay. blue one, new
Nitrogeno25

posted on 10/3/11 at 05:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
i got a bmw inline pump for £30 quid on the bay. blue one, new

Something like this:

NEW Petrol fuel electric pump for BMW 535i, M5 3.5 E28 on eBay (end time 03-Apr-11 10:06:08 BST)

???

big_wasa

posted on 10/3/11 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
use that one to fill a swirl pot and a high presure one like the link above to suply the engine.
cliftyhanger

posted on 10/3/11 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
I think the proper bosch cossy pumps are about £100? Probably worth paying for one, I think they are higher capacity than many of the others
cliftyhanger

posted on 10/3/11 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
RS Cosworth (Sierra) Standard Bosch Fuel Pump on eBay (end time 11-Mar-11 11:34:07 GMT)
just about a ton.

The cossy ones will deliver about 300LPH, many of the others are less than half that. May (or may not) be important

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.