Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Just bought a duratec
hootsno1

posted on 28/5/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Just bought a duratec

HI all
I have just bought a 2.0 duratec im picking it up sunday afternoon and would like to now what else i would need from the mondeo for this engine and what bike TBs and ECU would you recommend.
many thanks
Mark

[Edited on 28/5/11 by hootsno1]

If a little hammer won't fix it get a bigger hammer

BaileyPerformance

posted on 28/5/11 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hootsno1
HI all
I have just bought a 2.0 duratec im picking it up sunday afternoon and would like to now what else i would need from the mondeo for this engine and what bike TBs and ECU would you recommend.
many thanks
Mark

[Edited on 28/5/11 by hootsno1]

Hi,
Megasquirt MS2, jenvey 45's direct to head, 200+BHP out of the box. I wouldn't bother with the bike TBs, the injectors are often too small anyway.
The megasquirt can be built to drive COP or a Ford coil pack directly.
www.baileyperformance.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 29/5/11 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Omex ECU and R1 throttle bodies should do the job nicely. Or any 42-45mm set of throttle bodies

Use the injectors in the cylinder head rather than the ones in the throttle bodies. Gives a lot more scope later on. Just blank off the holes in the throttle bodies where the bike injectors fitted.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

hootsno1

posted on 29/5/11 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Flat monkey do you now what year r1 tbs i would need please.

If a little hammer won't fix it get a bigger hammer

big-vee-twin

posted on 29/5/11 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
You want 2001 GSXR 750 ITB's they are 42mm same size as Jenvey, you can get a Manifold from FastDan on here he made mine and also get engine mounting brackets from him as they are difficult to source at reasonable cost. Here's some pics

[img] Bracket
Bracket
[/img]

[img] Throttle Bodies on Duratec
Throttle Bodies on Duratec
[/img]

[Edited on 29/5/11 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Stuart_B

posted on 29/5/11 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
hi there, i went with megasquirt and gsxr750 throttle boddies. but if i were to do it again, it would be with omex and a set of jenveys.

stu

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

FASTdan

posted on 29/5/11 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
I have a few sets of bike bodies (inc r1) in stock so can put you a manifold and bodies package together if that's the way you want to go. As said I also supply engine mounts to suit the locost chassis.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Longerr

posted on 1/6/11 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Stu,

I got a duratec and deciding the same thing as hootsno1, between bike TB or Jenvey or anything else that would be for a quite good price/power ratio. Why would you go next time for omex and Jenveys?

Do you know what is the performance gain between bike ITB and Jenveys?

http://locost.webnode.cz/fotogaleria our build so far

Stuart_B

posted on 18/6/11 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Longerr
Hi Stu,

I got a duratec and deciding the same thing as hootsno1, between bike TB or Jenvey or anything else that would be for a quite good price/power ratio. Why would you go next time for omex and Jenveys?

hi there, sorry for a late reply,

next time i would go omex and jenveys, simply because the tunning of omex would be easier to get done for me, and looks.

stu

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

Neville Jones

posted on 18/6/11 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart_B
quote:
Originally posted by Longerr
Hi Stu,

hi there, sorry for a late reply,

next time i would go omex and jenveys, simply because the tunning of omex would be easier to get done for me, and looks.

stu

Be careful who you go to to get the omex setup. There's one I know who I wouldn't give a proper racecar, or roadcar, but they probably do a useable road setup if you don't want max power or optimum fuel economy.

Ask if they will map leaner than 14.7 on afr to get max power. If the answer is no, then bypass them.

Some engines need lean, others don't. If they flat refuse to try, then your money is wasted.

Cheers,
Nev.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.