Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: viscous coupling
macspeedy

posted on 8/9/02 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
viscous coupling

I have got my pinto 2ltr donor engine out but have cannot get the viscous coupling off the water pump are there any tried and tested methods.
James

posted on 8/9/02 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't have the 'special' 5mm depth etc. spanner you need so I took off the four bolts that bolt the pulley to the pump.

Can't remember it exactly now (why the feck didn't I take pictures! so I could re-assemble) but that's definately how I did it.

Was awkward as had to try and stop it spinning whilst you turn spanner but pretty sure I did it just by using a spanner on the 'opposite' bolt.
I'll let you work out how to do the final bolt!

HTH,

James

alankd

posted on 9/9/02 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
first take the fan off the viscous unit by undoing the 4 bolts, then remove 2 x bolts behind the viscous unit which hold the pulley on, this just gives room to get a 32mm spanner or adjustable in, grip the fan pulley with mole grips (not on the edge)and undo nut. Remember to turn opposite way to normal.
Alankd

macspeedy

posted on 11/9/02 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
I got it off, thanks for the info i used a oil filter band style remover to hold the pully works a treat with a spare body

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.