Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Busa clutch issue
Custardpants

posted on 7/2/12 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Busa clutch issue

I keep taking my Busa powered Indy out and finding that the clutch bite point is changing, sometimes leaving me stuck in gear and having to adjust my pedal travel at the side of the road to compensate. The clutch used to be very snappy and close to the start of the pedal travel but now i find i have to push the clutch pedal more and more to change down through the gears.

I'm due to fully check the hydraulics involved in pushing the clutch pin to see if the cylinder seals are leaking for example, but what if that isn't it? I also plan on marking the clutch pin at the start of the drive and comparing it at the end to see if it's the pin which has to go into the engine more to free to clutch or whether it's a case of an inefficient hydraulic slave and master clutch system. But what else could it be? Degraded oil? Clutch plates? A crack slowly propagating somewhere? Advice much appreciated!

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 9/2/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
bleed it thoroughly and it will feel ok

if theres no sign of fluids it shouldnt be leaking

my megabusa requires bleeding bout twice a year - bled it once and the colour of the fluid had a black / grey tint... weird

you can alter the pedal feel too by moving the push rod that goes off the pedal to the master cylinder - move it and the pedals pivot point closer together or further apart - closer will make it feel softer, less snappy

BobM

posted on 10/2/12 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
Could be a hydraulic problem but another option is a worn clutch basket. When they wear they develop grooves around them and the plates then stick in the grooves. When mine wore I found it made the clutch bite point very sharp and much easier to stall.

Not very Locost but very BEC

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.