Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine tuning for Holley 4 pot in Kent???
richardh

posted on 11/4/12 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Engine tuning for Holley 4 pot in Kent???

Hi, Anyone know of anyone in East kent (Ashford area) that can do a Holley tune, floats, jets etc?

Rolling road not an option unless they can take 37 inch tyres

Also trouble is getting it anywhere as it wants to die on the move..............

Time for a change!

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 11/4/12 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thirty what!

Good grief

Canada EH!

posted on 11/4/12 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Why! would you do that?
rusty nuts

posted on 12/4/12 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Google tuning holley carbs ! Plenty of information which may help
Autosri

posted on 12/4/12 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
aem uego or innovate lc-1 wideband senser and do it yourself
BaileyPerformance

posted on 14/4/12 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Assuming you have a rover V8 in your landy a Holley is about the last carb in the world i would use!

For a mild rover a pair of good HIF SU's (standard carbs fitted it SD1) are about the best

Another very good option is a weber from a 3.0L Ford essex, the jetting is very close on a 3.5L rover and is simple to tune.

The weber carb can be fitted by machining a stock rover inlet manifold, mill off the pent roof top (bit that carbs bolt too) and drill/tap to take the weber.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richardh

posted on 15/4/12 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for info
i'm trying to keep it locost as i still need a windscreen and soft top to get for it yet
i'd sell the holley if i could find a cheap replacement that i could rely on straight away.

Time for a change!

BaileyPerformance

posted on 16/4/12 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardh
cheers for info
i'm trying to keep it locost as i still need a windscreen and soft top to get for it yet
i'd sell the holley if i could find a cheap replacement that i could rely on straight away.

Best just look out for a stock inlet manifold with a pair of SUs. I'm sure you'll find some on Ebay. Dont bother with Stromburgs, not a good carb, must be SUs.

What size is your rover v8? have you tuned it?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richardh

posted on 16/4/12 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
just a bog standard 3.5

Time for a change!

BaileyPerformance

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardh
just a bog standard 3.5

I'd go for stock SUs then, we have used a pair of recalibrated SUs on a supercharged 3.9L so they are plenty big enough to feed a stock 3.5L

If you cant find a good pair of stock carbs go for the 3.0L Ford essex carb (weber) off a carpi / granny on a modified rover inlet. As you already have the holley inlet fitted maybe you could make an adapter plate to take the weber? Stock jetting is close enough.

Dont fall in the trap of big carb = more power, just big enough is the way to go for throttle response and MPG, if it's an off-roader throttle response and low end power is more important than top end power anyway.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.