Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: twin 40 dellotos
sturob99

posted on 26/4/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
twin 40 dellotos

hi everyone i am looking for some advice, i have removed the downdraught webber carb from my tiger and am installing side draught dellortos and was wanting to know where the vac pipe from the distributor goes, any help please........
austin man

posted on 26/4/12 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Normally into the manifold

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Canada EH!

posted on 26/4/12 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
It goes into the manifold as said, however in most cases the vacuum available has been reduced as that cylinder only comes into play every fourth time, always been a problem. It helps to use the cylinder closest to the dizzy.
Autosri

posted on 26/4/12 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
4 options available mate afaik
remove it and let the dissy run 2d ignition
tap into one runner but wont work great
tap all three runners and use a balance rail connected to all 4 runners then to dizzy
do it properly and get a megajolt programable ecu

mazie

posted on 27/4/12 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
I previously used a 'bestek' dizzy and electronic ignition to overcome this problem, you don't want to take a vacuum off of one of the barrels as it will cause unbalanced running and incorrect vacuum. There are blanked off vacuum ports next to the main jets. The bestek kit was idea and also got rid of the aged points and condenser. look on eBay for the company, they have a website too, if the engine is tuned from standard they can pre set the advance ( sprung bob weights inside the dizzy).
Paul Turner

posted on 27/4/12 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Do not simply plug the vacuum pipe into one inlet, the vacuum will be very unstable and your timing will be all over the place. If you feel the need to connect the vacuum pipe it needs connecting to all 4 to balance the pulses.

I ran twin 40's and 45's on x-flows and a zetec for 20 years or so, never connected the vac pipe. Its easier to get the dizi modified so that its not required.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.