Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dcoe 40s cold start/fuel enrichment
Autosri

posted on 27/4/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
dcoe 40s cold start/fuel enrichment

do any of you use it as i find the pinto is a bitch to start from cold i have tried one quick pump on the throttle then try and start i have tried 2 quick pumps then start i have tried the same but slow pumps i have tried fast and slow pumps while holding the throttle open a bit and i cant get it to start reliably every time so im thinking of connecting up the cold start/fuel enrichment levers to inside the car to a pull style choke

have anyone used them or are there any other techniques to try

it doesnt bother me too much but my mum and dad use the car and its putting them off using the car full stop

thanks in advance

austin man

posted on 27/4/12 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I just fitted a choke pull to mine only needs it for a few seconds to fet it started

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Dusty

posted on 27/4/12 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Three pumps and start on quarter throttle and be prepared to coax it into life. To many people are used to modern tin tops with fuel injection which don't need a foot anywhere near the accelerator pedal when starting.
Autosri

posted on 27/4/12 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
i understand its not exactly a modern engine at 1988 after all its only one year newer than me lol but i just want it to start reliably through whatever method works i dont mine if its pumping the throttle or installing the cold start setup i just want it to be relitivly consistant
Canada EH!

posted on 27/4/12 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure the fuel pressure is up to normal, then a couple of to the floor pushes of the throttle, then get ready to nurse it. You may find the enrichment circuit helps, we always used it here in Canada when the air was south of 40F.
Autosri

posted on 28/4/12 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
just bodged up some cabling to try the cold start and its amazingly better will be ordering a proper cable to do i perminantly

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.