Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What mods do i need to carry out on my 2006 busa loom ???
Relph

posted on 21/2/13 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
What mods do i need to carry out on my 2006 busa loom ???

Hi, has anyone got a wiring diagram showing the mods i need to do to it  i.e. What resistors and where and what wiring to remove.  Thanks.
noc231073

posted on 21/2/13 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Loom

To be honest it's a pain in the rear modifying the loom.
I sent the loom to Riltech racing and it was worth every penny. Got my my loom modified back with only 4 wires to wire .. Power ,earth ign start... Also left wires to connect the power commander and for a gear indicator..
Great piece of kit think it cost me 400. But a nice tidy loom.

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 22/2/13 at 01:37 AM Reply With Quote
whatever you do - - - KEEP ALL THE MULTI PLUGS WITH LONG ENOUGH BITS OF WIRE LEFT TO USE AGAIN.

id 2nd getting one made if you can as theres so much thats not used its unreal.

plus your also getting one loom from suzuki with all there wiring colours / design and one from the manufacturer of the car its going in. by getting one made it will be all one design, colour and no left overs taped up in the loom.

could even get a proper diagram from the manufacturer of it.

i made my own from scratch.

got hold of every part - worked out how it worked then made the loom for it. i used ms excel to draw it up

BobM

posted on 22/2/13 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
It's not really difficult. You need to sit down with it, spread it out on the kitchen table with the wiring diagram and label all the connectors. Each time I've done mine (1 Busa, 2 ZX10R) I've completely stripped out everything that wasn't engine related - lights, indicators, fuse box, relays etc. but you might want to reuse some of those.

For the Busa you'll need to:

• short the sidestand switch
  • either short the clutch switch or do something more clever with it (see below)
  • add in a 100k ohm resistor (or maybe it's 100ohm) somewhere. Can't remember exactly where but do a search, it goes between one of the wires from the ignition switch and 12V
  • Either retain the tilt sensor and mount upright or fill it with silicon or replace it with a 68k ohm resistor

For the clutch switch it's thought that just shorting it out results in the engine running a suboptimal map and that it's better for the ECU to 'think' the clutch was in and has been released. So it can be wired in with the starter button (you'll need a double pole button) so when you press the button it shorts the clutch switch wire.

What I usually do is group together all the wires that need to connect into the main car loom and fit a multiconnector.

Not very Locost but very BEC

Relph

posted on 22/2/13 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys thanks for your replies.
I have already removed the lighting wires and fuse box. I am in the process of fitting a clutch switch to the car so it works as it should, so you cant crank it in gear.
Ive filled the tilt sensor with silicone.

The engine starts runs and revs fine.

Why is it necessary to short the side stand ?
And i cant find exactly where to put the resistor.

I also read somewhere, but cant find it now that you have to fit another resistor so it runs full power in all gears ???

BobM

posted on 23/2/13 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Relph

Cos as soon as you let the clutch out with it in gear it'll die. It's to prevent the previous relatively common crash caused by setting off with the sidestand down.
quote:

Sorry can't remember, it's 6 years since I did my Busa, I might even have it completely wrong and it might not need a resistor. If yours is running with out then I wouldn't worry about it.
quote:
Originally posted by RelphI also read somewhere, but cant find it now that you have to fit another resistor so it runs full power in all gears ???

I don't think it's as simple as a resistor but you can buy a TRE (timing retard eliminator) that makes it think it's in 5th gear to give the full fat ECU map.

Not very Locost but very BEC

parkiboy

posted on 23/2/13 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
My car is running a modified standard loom but it does have all the unnesasary bits still on it, to be honest it looks a bit of a mess, it not how I would have done it but I'll be rewiring it sometime over the next year I think so I have been looking at my options, there's some good ones about but most require the purchase of an ecu aswell which will mean a pricey mapping session etc.

I am wanting to retain the busa ecu and my power commander V which ha already been mapped at day tuner, i have found a tidy solution by z cars it is 450 quid but I think that is what I am going to go for.

Johneturbo

posted on 23/2/13 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobM
quote:

Cos as soon as you put it in gear it'll die. It's to prevent the previous relatively common crash caused by setting off with the sidestand down.
quote:

Sorry can't remember, it's 6 years since I did my Busa, I might even have it completely wrong and it might not need a resistor. If yours is running with out then I wouldn't worry about it.
quote:
Originally posted by RelphI also read somewhere, but cant find it now that you have to fit another resistor so it runs full power in all gears ???

I don't think it's as simple as a resistor but you can buy a TRE (timing retard eliminator) that makes it think it's in 5th gear to give the full fat ECU map.

corrected

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.