Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: battery chargin
ianminki

posted on 26/11/13 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
battery chargin

hi all
help pls I am running a Honda fireblade in my stylus my problem is when out in car it runs fine but after getting home battry it flat the car will not restart that's after 20 or so miles ive put new rectifier in and the battry is new when teasting with a multiymiter everything cheacks out ok what ide like to know is how do you or what is the right way to wire up for chargin the battery im usless at electricsand spelling I think but hay ho car looks ok regards ian

DW100

posted on 26/11/13 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
What voltage have you got across the battery with the engine running?
:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 4/1/14 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
have you fixed it yet?
i had issues with the busa charge - turned out to be the generator stator - the 3 wires coing out of it when running at 500rpm should give the same output.
so proceedure
set your multimeter to ohms
start engine run and hold to 5000 rpm
theres 3 wires coing off the generator - on the busa theyre all yellow - pick one and poke the probe into the plug to touch the contact inside. the other probe pick another wire - probe that at same time - the meter should read over 65v when engine is cold on all 3 readings - i had one with no output at all indicating the coil had broken wire in the stator windings - so the battery was never charging at all.
yes i know its a busa - but the theory is the same IF thats the application for your engine charge system. bet its not much different.
FIX
replace stator - too expensive to repair

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.