Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jag XJR6 " noise" ??
andyw7de

posted on 21/2/15 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Jag XJR6 " noise" ??

Took the BMW out for a wee run and for the first time gave the throttle a wee squeeze.

When my mate was driving it I took a wee video and you can here the whine when he accelerates away. First thoughts are its the supercharger spinning up but just doesn't sound right.

If anybody can help with what this could be Id be very thankful

Hopefully this link will work

cheers

Andy

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3F8690166BB655B2!21705&authkey=!ACqtcx6faKXOFuQ&ithint=video%2cmp4

Speed is just a question of money !

How fast do you want to go ?

Dan.

posted on 21/2/15 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
Only listening on my phone but Sounds like a valve leaking or something certainly doesn't sound like the charger should....
big_wasa

posted on 22/2/15 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Again its hard to tell on tiny speakers but I think it sounds induction related. Any chance you have some hose collapsing under vacuum ?
mark chandler

posted on 22/2/15 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
The charger will make a lot of noise if you just have an open filter, I could not hear anything on your vid.

Here's my m90, the majority of the noise is not the exhaust, this measures 98db but the charger

[youtube]http://youtu.be/v4OfO40D72w[/youtube]

When you have partial throttle the bypass starts to open, my car makes a strange chirping noise which was only apparent once I removed the air box.

If it clunks then you need a new rubber coupling in the nose.

Note, the m90 you have will greatly benefit from porting, another 15% power as you will free HP being dragged off the nose.

Regards Mark

andyw7de

posted on 22/2/15 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mark,

You don't actually hear this whilst driving, I only noticed it when my mate was driving so I took a wee video. You only hear the noise as it cuts in when the revs rise, it goes away again when you lift off.

My induction is via a cone filter run in behind the front kidneys

Had a listen and your charger has a higher pitch than the noise I'm hearing, maybe mine just needs a good run,

Ive checked all belts, ancillaries and fluids and all seem ok.

See if it all goes pear shaped next weekend around knockhill

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
The charger will make a lot of noise if you just have an open filter, I could not hear anything on your vid.

Here's my m90, the majority of the noise is not the exhaust, this measures 98db but the charger

[youtube]http://youtu.be/v4OfO40D72w[/youtube]

When you have partial throttle the bypass starts to open, my car makes a strange chirping noise which was only apparent once I removed the air box.

If it clunks then you need a new rubber coupling in the nose.

Note, the m90 you have will greatly benefit from porting, another 15% power as you will free HP being dragged off the nose.

Regards Mark

Speed is just a question of money !

How fast do you want to go ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.