Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DIY Measuring Caster
RickRick

posted on 30/4/15 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
DIY Measuring Caster

Whats the best method for measuring castor using only basic tools i do have a camber gauge and an almost flat floor to work on
macc man

posted on 30/4/15 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, I used a cheap caster camber gauge bought off ebay. If you are interested I may sell it cheap.
v8kid

posted on 30/4/15 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
IIRC you put 30 degrees lock on in one direction and measure the camber then 30 degrees the other way and the difference is the caster.

Can't you Google it?

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
maccmike

posted on 30/4/15 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Buy a digital spirit level.
whitestu

posted on 30/4/15 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
I used a cheap digital inclinometer to set mine and made up a bracket so I could easily place it against the wheel.
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 30/4/15 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
What uprights are you using? I ask because caster angle is the angle of the line though the top and bottom upright pick ups as seen in side view (the upright axis line) relative the the vertical and on many uprights the caliper mounts are set to be on the set to be parallel to the upright axis line so you could put you camber gauge across the calpier mount face (on an RD alloy upright),or the edge of the two caliper lugs on a Corrina upright, not sure about Sierra though.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
RickRick

posted on 30/4/15 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
It's on a van diemen sports 2000 car so i guess there bespoke or from there F3 car i'd have to have a look at the caliper mounts but they are something like that position.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.