Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost or seven-type kit-car - cheap (rusted, damaged, crashed etc) but with valid V5
loony

posted on 8/5/15 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Locost or seven-type kit-car - cheap (rusted, damaged, crashed etc) but with valid V5

I'm looking for cheap (rusted, damaged, crashed etc) locost or seven-type kit-car - registered with valid V5 (can be without MOT, SORN'ed, etc - car will be exported). No need any extra parts than chassis and paperwork.

I anyone heard about something similar (will consider any kind of kit-car) I will be grateful for info, as I need to import kit-car and rebuild it (because of stupid Polish registeration rules).

[Edited on 8/5/15 by loony]

Lucas

dhutch

posted on 8/5/15 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loony
I'm looking for cheap (rusted, damaged, crashed etc) locost or seven-type kit-car - registered with valid V5 (can be without MOT, SORN'ed, etc - car will be exported). No need any extra parts than chassis and paperwork.

I anyone heard about something similar (will consider any kind of kit-car) I will be grateful for info, as I need to import kit-car and rebuild it (because of stupid Polish registration rules).

Will let you know if I see a suitable car.

My own is not far off... working order, but scruff and not worth a huge amount (perfect) , however its not for sale!

Daniel

Quinten

posted on 8/5/15 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
On the WSCC forum someone is advertising a whole chassis, etc for £600, which needs a lot of work (but may serve your purpose)

[Edited on 8/5/2015 by Quinten]

JAG

posted on 8/5/15 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
How about this Tiger R6 with V5

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

bi22le

posted on 8/5/15 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I hope is not a ri ri ringer?!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

big_wasa

posted on 8/5/15 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Of course it's a ringer.

I am guessing he can't put a self built car on the road in Poland so he is "importing" one cough cough. The less scrap he has to import ie just the logbook the better

Edit
There will come a time when we can't put one on the road either.

[Edited on 8/5/15 by big_wasa]

loony

posted on 8/5/15 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
big_wasa is right. I can't register self build car in Poland without homologation process (costs starts around 5000GBP) and I need OBD, EURO5, ABS etc., so I want to rebuild damaged kit-car (in my personal spec)...
I saw few cars at Ebay, but I think it's better to buy it eg. here.

For me the more damaged the better = cheaper. I hope you understand my point of view...

JAG - Tiger is way to expensive as I have lot of my own bits.

[Edited on 8/5/15 by loony]

Lucas

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.