Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cosworth bob 24v engine
biksz

posted on 18/8/15 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
cosworth bob 24v engine

hi i have just aquired a v6 bob 24v cosworth engine and was wanting to no if anyone else has done this before as i am new to fitting bigger engines.i am unsure what to do as there is no air flow metre and needs new alternator,and the original wiring on the engine is falling apart so was thinking of the flyin loom from emerald and an emerald k6 ecu.has any one used the k6 ecu if so how good are they and how easy to wire up? any info on anything to do with this is much appreciated as want to get everyhting needed before starting the change.
mark chandler

posted on 18/8/15 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
K6 is easy to wire, once you get familiar easy to tune as well, it will come with a default safe Mao to suit the car as well.
biksz

posted on 18/8/15 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
just turned the engine over by hand and seems all free so next job whip heads of and see condition of bores.
Rob Allison

posted on 19/8/15 at 12:50 AM Reply With Quote
I have had a BOB running on a BOA ecu for the last 8 years. The K6 would be a good choise. Fitting throttle bodies is also the best thing to do as the BOB inlet is built with a variable length. It has a change over valve to alter the runner lengths. ok for a production but not easy to re use.

biksz

posted on 19/8/15 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
hi what do you mean by the inlet manifold as got told the k6 ecu would run the original engine with no mods needed.
Rob Allison

posted on 24/8/15 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
The inlet manifold has a flap to change the runner length. It is a vacuum solenoid. You could change it to electric and drive it open/closed from a K6.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/vis.htm

biksz

posted on 24/8/15 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I am watching one at minute think it's electric so fingers crossed I win it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.