Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Smoke and power loss?
ProjectSi

posted on 20/8/15 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Smoke and power loss?

Aswell as the leaks and breather spitting oil, the 2.0 Zetec in our Fiesta tends to smoke under high load. Over the past couple of days, in 4th gear high rpm the car produces a cloud of smoke and sometimes hesitation/loss of power. First it happened in 3rd gear, then moved on to 4th and now doing it in 5th. It doesn't seem to do it (even on limiter) in 1st or 2nd. There is no fouling of the spark plugs, the smoke is grey ish, no mayo on filler etc. When it first did this, the exhaust started popping and banging. The engine is cammed, is there a chance the cat is on it's way out? I know oil is leaking onto exhaust and burning, it doesn't smoke on start up and only smokes when driven hard briefly. I'm having a compression test done tomorrow, is there a chance the PCV is blocked? Asked a similar question the other day with regards to the cam cover breather leaking/gurgling and I'm wondering if this is all linked?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.