Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Height wrt Chassis rail
Dick Axtell

posted on 1/9/15 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec Height wrt Chassis rail

Aquestion for all the Zetec silvertop LCB-ers on here.

What is the installed height of your Zetec, above the lower chassis rail? Just wanted to check if mine isn't too far out.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Paul Turner

posted on 1/9/15 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was fitted as high as I could get it, the cam belt cover (when the Silvertop was fitted) just touched the underside of the nosecone. The Dunnell sump hung below the chassis tubes but since it is shortened the rear is flush with the underside of the bellhousing and it tapers slightly to the front. I have about 75mm of ground clearance at this point and have only caught the sump once, my fault, ran over a raised gate stop on a cambered drive. Slight crack to weld at front of sump which was fixed for 2 years by araldite. Re-welded when I removed the engine.
Dick Axtell

posted on 1/9/15 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your reply. Quote - "The Dunnell sump hung below the chassis tubes but since it is shortened the rear is flush with the underside of the bellhousing...".

Mine's the same, so not far out; which is a Good Thing. However, since my engine sits in a Locost chassis, top rail approx. 1" lower than, for example, the MK Indy, the cam belt cover and cam cover sit that much higher. Consequently, there will have to be some g/f mods to the bonnet. Which brings its own problems (spouse-wise, in particular!!).

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.