Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Camshaft cap bearings damaged?
bikecarbfred

posted on 24/11/15 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Right got another seller selling me a brand new set of bearings. NPR for around £35.00 for all 5 sets.
But I can see some marks on the left side. Anything to worry about?

perksy

posted on 24/11/15 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Just my 2p but when re-building an engine if the bearings aren't perfect I wouldn't fit them
(Always difficult to advise without seeing the item's up close though)

Do you have a local engine re-conditioner's that has a trade counter or similar ?
At least then you can check the quality of the bearings before fitting them

bikecarbfred

posted on 29/11/15 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Guys I am abit worried about getting my refund from this shop. The gentleman in question has taken responsibility in an email saying it was his warehouse staff that should have checked the items.

I know believe after reading the following that there lies more to that story as in the below link he seems to find it easy to blame the staff.

I also thank god made sure i paid approx £8.00 in sending the items back via royal mail insured delivery:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10632505.Royal_Mail_scam_saw_car_parts_dealer_claim_free_postage/

I truly believe if I had not done there would have been a chance I would have been told the items were not received.
I always knew something fishy was up when first doing the deals as he seemed quite desperate to sell me the items.
I always seem to know when something is not right. Like a gut instinct but went ahead and bought the items in good faith.

perksy

posted on 29/11/15 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Seriously just buy local or ONLY from reputable sources

Trouble is with some of these on-line places you think you are saving money, but by the time you've sent things back and messed about on the phone or by email/s you could have had the engine built up.....

bikecarbfred

posted on 29/11/15 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perksy
Seriously just buy local or ONLY from reputable sources

Trouble is with some of these on-line places you think you are saving money, but by the time you've sent things back and messed about on the phone or by email/s you could have had the engine built up.....

lol i'm learning this persky.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.