Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pistonheads
snapper

posted on 7/9/16 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Pistonheads

This is a reply I got after a thread was closed
Then a thread about a thread was closed and my comments on a thread I started was closed

"Sorry, but the subject has been closed and whilst you may think that free speech exists on PH it does not, we are invited guests of the site owners and they alone decide what they want written on their website."

Regards,
PistonHeads

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

russbost

posted on 7/9/16 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
So, c'mon, spill the beans, what did you write?!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
bi22le

posted on 7/9/16 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Well at least they didn't hide behind jargon and political correctness!

So what did you say? If its anything like the issue i had with face book last week, nothing. A simple fact that monitoring bots flagged it up

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Wadders

posted on 7/9/16 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
This is a reply I got after a thread was closed
Then a thread about a thread was closed and my comments on a thread I started was closed

"Sorry, but the subject has been closed and whilst you may think that free speech exists on PH it does not, we are invited guests of the site owners and they alone decide what they want written on their website."

Regards,
PistonHeads

Not really surprised to be honest, PH mods have never been shy of having the last word, or indeed banning anyone who rocks the boat too much.
Hardly worth posting on there anymore, seems there's always someone ready to start an argument, take the wee or 'call custard' on anything written.
That's why so many have jumped ship to other forums lately.

theconrodkid

posted on 7/9/16 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Not really surprised to be honest, PH mods have never been shy of having the last word, or indeed banning anyone who rocks the boat too much.
Hardly worth posting on there anymore, seems there's always someone ready to start an argument, take the wee or 'call custard' on anything written.
That's why so many have jumped ship to other forums lately.

too true,the mods must be from north Korea.
lots of forums i find are like that,nice to see this one isnt
so....what did you write ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

jps

posted on 7/9/16 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
So, c'mon, spill the beans, what did you write?!

+1!!! (had a quick scan on PH, but can't spot anything yet!)

snapper

posted on 7/9/16 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
You can't see my post as it has been deleted
To reiterate, a completely normal post was commented on by someone not liked by the moderators so it was closed
Another posts by a respected professional asking what was wrong about the comment on the first post was closed
I posted this.....

Thread title
Who will be banned next?

Body of thread

Whilst I do not condone foul language or threats I do believe in free speech and this is very 1984 (George Orwell) and I should also ask you (moderators) to read Animal Farm (George Orwell).
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely (Lotd Acton)

The post (07:24) was almost immediately removed and I do wonder if the moderators are now so mentally deranged that they do not sleep.
Their response was emailed to me...

I attach it for further amusement

Hi,

Your topic 'Who will be banned next?' has been removed for the following reason:

Sorry, but the subject has been closed and whilst you may think that free speech exists on PH it does not, we are invited guests of the site owners and they alone decide what they want written on their website.

Regards,
PistonHeads

It begs the question "who wrote this email" and who are they, they seem to imply that they are delivering the punishment on behalf of the owners of Pistonheads who have asked for this action to be taken or have taken it upon themselves to talk for the owners who may not know that this action has been taken in their name!

If I can be bothered I may irritate the beast some more

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

dai1983

posted on 8/9/16 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
Haymarket Media Group own PH and the dickheads arrived when they bought and advertised the site more. The grammar nazis wee me off most. So what if I spelt a word wrong, it was typed in haste on a small phone screen keyboard.
adithorp

posted on 8/9/16 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
The mods are a bit odd over there.

A couple of months ago someone posted on the events section about the "ASDA On your Marks" chrarity day. They wanted volunteers with interesting cars to take part, giving rides (£5/lap for cancer charities). I replied... The next day the tread has been deleted.
About a week later a new thread started which the OP had cleared with mods first as OK... as long as it didn't name the event, ADSA, the other event sponsors or the charities involved.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.